PDA

View Full Version : PACEY contracts

rebecca777
18-06-2013, 01:30 PM
This is my very first thread and I'm still trying to navigate my way around this site and others! Ofsted have just received all my paperwork so I'm starting to get all my policies and paperwork prepared. I've read on this forum that if I'm registered with PACEY then i should use their contracts~ well I find their website really confusing! Does anybody know where on the site I can view the contracts and PACEY haven't told me I need to use their contracts so how would I have known without reading this forum? Any help for a newbie would be REALLY appreciated, thanks :)

Goatgirl
18-06-2013, 03:37 PM
It is the insurance: its only valid if you use their contracts apparently, because they have written them and know they're watertight. That's info I have gleaned from this site anyway :).
No idea how you can view them or even if you can, on their site. I would suggest sending an email with this question if there is an email contact address there somewhere?
I got my first look at them through the ICP course which I did when I registered: they had the 2 main sets of paperwork available for registering childminders to peruse. Do you know someone registered who uses them nearby who may let you have a squiz? :)

Hope you find the info you want :thumbsup:

rebecca777
18-06-2013, 04:25 PM
thanks for advice. Im going to give them a call tomorrow i think~ its like a minefield ;)

bunyip
18-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Hi Rebecca :waving:

Do you have a development officer (DO) or know any local childminders (CMs) who could show you an example of a pacey contract?

You won't see them on the pacey website: you'd have to buy a pack from the pacey web-shop.

@Goatgirl. Could you help me out on this? I keep seeing members saying we need pace contracts for the pacey insurance to be valid. Does that really mean the entire Public Liability policy is negated if we have a child under a non-pacey contract :panic:, or does it just refer to the legal support for chasing unpaid fees? :confused:

rickysmiths
18-06-2013, 06:56 PM
You do not have to have them to be covered by their Public Liability Insurance. You do have to use them if you ever need to use their legal line. It does explain this on this page in the shop.

http://www.shop.**************/shop/Registered_Childminding_Contracts.html

Oh I am sorry this site won't let me do a link to the shop because they don't have a link back to this forum!

If you google NCMA Shop and go to the business tools section you will find them.

bunyip
18-06-2013, 07:05 PM
You do not have to have them to be covered by their Public Liability Insurance. You do have to use them if you ever need to use their legal line. It does explain this on this page in the shop.

http://www.shop.**************/shop/Registered_Childminding_Contracts.html

Oh I am sorry this site won't let me do a link to the shop because they don't have a link back to this forum!

If you google NCMA Shop and go to the business tools section you will find them.

Thanks for that RS:thumbsup:.

I use pacey stationery, so not an issue for me. It just looked like it might scare others to think the insurance might be invalid - especially since PLI is a regulatory requirement.

Chatterbox Childcare
18-06-2013, 08:22 PM
This was sent to me by Pacey

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/pacey-formerly-ncma-scma/119379-answers-some-questions-posted-members-using-ncma-pacey-contracts.html

Goatgirl
20-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Hi Rebecca :waving:

Do you have a development officer (DO) or know any local childminders (CMs) who could show you an example of a pacey contract?

You won't see them on the pacey website: you'd have to buy a pack from the pacey web-shop.

@Goatgirl. Could you help me out on this? I keep seeing members saying we need pace contracts for the pacey insurance to be valid. Does that really mean the entire Public Liability policy is negated if we have a child under a non-pacey contract :panic:, or does it just refer to the legal support for chasing unpaid fees? :confused:

Hi bunyip,
Debbie has answered in the link below: got here before me :)!