PDA

View Full Version : recording ratios

Karen1
18-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Hi

I have my Ofsted pre reg visit on Friday and have been through every piece of paperwork. Just wondering how people record their ratios they have each day so they can show they are sticking to the rules. or will there be somewhere on the Morton and Michel paperwork (as not yet got that)?

thanks as I am really worried I have missed something.

Goatgirl
18-06-2013, 08:30 AM
Hi,
I keep an attendance register. It is a legal requirement to record the times and dates children are with you and good practise to keep a record of all ins and outs to your premises :thumbsup:

good luck with your pre reg :)

mrs robbie williams
18-06-2013, 08:52 AM
I record it in my diary x

Zoomie
18-06-2013, 09:22 AM
I just keep my attendance register. If Ofsted want to check if I have gone over my ratios they will have to trawl through the register to find the evidence (only instances are backed up with a variation RA).

rickysmiths
18-06-2013, 09:51 AM
I have always used the Pacey (NCMA) Attendance Register.

One page per month for each child so records are confidential.

Pages in the front to record the child, DOB, and days and hours they are with me.

Pages according to ages group to put name, address, dob, emergency numbers and GP number.

I think it is great to have all the info in one place, Ofsted can instantly see what children you have when and they can see you have all their personal info and I don't have to show Ofsted my Contracts which are really none of their business.

There is also space for the parent and me to sign the attendance each week which proved invaluable when a complaint was made against me a couple of years ago. I was able to copy the child's pages and prove the parent was lying on several counts. It was worth 18 years of getting parents to sign.

Worth every penny of the cost.

Rick
18-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Some people with lots of children and complicated ratios and children crossovers draw up a simple spreadsheet or similar for their own piece of mind.

I think in your situation, you are more worried about Ofsted but as others have said, you are fulfilling your requirement by keeping a register, it will have the same information as a spreadsheet.

Karen1
18-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Thanks for all your replies.

I think I will just keep a tally in my diary for my own info on sorting days with children, but if the attendance register covers it, then brilliant.
Thanks again.

Kirstylob
18-06-2013, 12:24 PM
I note in my diary numbers 1 - 3 for the children not at school and write the child's name against each number and the time they are here. And 1 -3 again for the children at school. This shows at a glance who's here and the times. If you have 4 pre-schoolers on a day - I have 4 on a Thursday- just alter the numbers
I also do my own register sheets with pre-schoolers on one page and schoolies another.

Kirstylob
18-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Oops, look like we were both typing at the same time!