PDA

View Full Version : Pre -reg visit Thursday!!

adedwards68
18-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Just had the call for my pre reg visit, thought I was fairly organised but the inspector made a point about the planning an activity for younger and older child (does this mean the same activity?) and how it covers the areas in EYFS and about the 1 year planning. Also do I need to have safety equipment in place or could I do a risk assessment saying what equipment I would use according to the age and stage of the child(ren) I was minding

Karen1
18-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Hi

I have my pre reg this Friday. the woman when she rang said to have the house ready as if I was having a child that day. I said, so with safety locks etc. she then said yes- that will have to be your weekend job!!! I didn't laugh, as I thought I could just say I will put them on etc when I have a child here. so I am going to put up the stair gate and safety locks for the visit.
I am really nervous, have you got all the paperwork together- I was wondering about ratios-do you have somewhere to record what children and ages you are having each day and not going over ratio-or will it be in the Morton and Michel paperwork?

adedwards68
18-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Hi

I have my pre reg this Friday. the woman when she rang said to have the house ready as if I was having a child that day. I said, so with safety locks etc. she then said yes- that will have to be your weekend job!!! I didn't laugh, as I thought I could just say I will put them on etc when I have a child here. so I am going to put up the stair gate and safety locks for the visit.
I am really nervous, have you got all the paperwork together- I was wondering about ratios-do you have somewhere to record what children and ages you are having each day and not going over ratio-or will it be in the Morton and Michel paperwork?

My inspector said you have to be ready as if you are going to start minding tomorrow. Ive decided not to put up my stairgate etc, although i have got them in the loft, and do a risk assessment instead showing where and when i would use the safety equipment. If ive got a 3month old minded I'm not going to need stair gate etc. With regards to ratios i know at any one time im allowed 6 under 8, 3 of those can be under 5 and not more than 1 under and include my own children in that. I know there are variations on ratios, if you take on a sibling etc. I would probably list them in my register so it showed daily how many children i had.
Have you done the activity question? Im not sure if it means a separate activity for each child or the same.
Ive now got to find passports and 2 pieces of id, with address on, for everyone over 16, thats 5 including me. All the bills tend to be in my name but its hard finding something for my 3 children, one has only just left school.

benandjerrys
18-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Hi, Iv read the question about activities as separate activities under each area...don't know whether that's right? Can anyone confirm this? Im working my way through the booklet too, my pre reg is Monday. Im doing that much paperwork that my house needs sorting now! Don't know what to do first :panic:

adedwards68
20-06-2013, 06:38 PM
I can now confirm that it can be either