PDA

View Full Version : Concerns over future level of funding for 2 year olds

Simona
17-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Is this something else we need to worry about in terms of sustainability?
Childcare providers raise concerns over future funding of two-year-old scheme | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/article/1186291/childcare-providers-raise-concerns-future-funding-two-year-old-scheme?DCMP=EMC-CONNurseryWorldUpdate&bulletin=nursery-world-update-bulletin)

wendywu
17-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Link will not opn for me :(

hectors house
17-06-2013, 03:12 PM
I wish the Government would think things through long term rather than start off promising the earth and then have to do a u turn after a few years when they can't financially deliver.

Rick
18-06-2013, 06:06 AM
Link will not opn for me :(

Strange it worked for me

singingcactus
18-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Even if it drops to 3.86 it is still quite a lot more than my hourly rate, so still worth it for me. I just wish they would reconsider the definition of a vulnerable 2 year old.

Simona
18-06-2013, 06:56 AM
I think it is time for Truss to come clean on what she is trying to do and I find it quite insulting and very confusing...

First she tries to tell us that the 2 year old funding is vital for these children and her proposal needs to succeed
It was actually something started by the previous govt

She promises to remove all condition from LAs to make it easier for cms to be included in the scheme...months on the LAs are still galloping ahead with their rules and not budging and the number of 2 year olds still needing a place begins to worry the DfE...will Truss' stolen scheme succeed???

Then she lavished huge praise on cms ...but obviously she has other things in mind when she is about to flood her childcare market with cms coming from all sorts of places...hubs, CCentres and God knows where...and oh lets not forget she now wants to replace home based childcare with school based childcare...

In December she proudly announced that the FE would be a standard £5.09 so more money would reach the frontline...I think she had not realised that some LAs pay more than £6 to attract cms and because they recognise the hard work these children need
After that announcement a few LAs who were paying higher FE dropped it to £5.09...

Now we hear that in 2 years time the FE for 2 year olds will drop to the level of the 3 and 4 years olds while Truss still complains that childcare is expensive
Ah..but she has other things in mind...2 year olds will be in schools, those who will be given loads of money to accommodate them and squeeze them into ever small spaces while cms will struggle with filling spaces in some areas

...well who is making a right mess of it??
this minister will not listen and seems to prefer to do nothing that reflects her praise of cms...but then she's got Wilshaw deciding all the rules...changing Ofsted's from Education watchdog to policy maker to supporter of good practice via their soon to be announced Seminars (those exclude cms because he has better things planned for us...agencies!!)...

I want to know why cms should be so keen to look after these 2 years olds and maybe drop their fee...although in some LAs cms will actually gain as their fee is lower than that differed by the LA

Then after one year of hard work, huge amount of paperwork if you have cared for a vulnerable 2 year old you may find that you need to drop your income as the FE is now been lowered to something less that £4

Of course ..silly me...sustainability, without these kids we may not have any work..in the meantime the LAs may disappear, we lose support, training will be at a cost, most will be online so we will become even more isolated behind computer screens, Ofsted will change our inspections and make it harder to get good grades

I am not surprised that Truss seems to go only to events that suit her, she has totally disengaged from cms, she takes her time to appear in the HoC about dropping the ratio policy...then with the ultimate look of defiance blames Clegg and continues to say her scheme would have worked

has this minister got any concerns about the children in this country, our good childcare will take years to recover after her savage and senseless reforms...no petition will work for her on the rest of the reforms...can we trust her to deliver what she promised a year ago when she was elevated to Under Secretary?

Something tells me she is actually off course and her original plan has been hijacked by another dept...in a few weeks she will go on a long MP break, holiday in France maybe and then return with a promotion...food for thought!