PDA

View Full Version : 4 year old advice please?

kimmy79
16-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Hi everyone, i've just recieved my certificate :clapping: but now i have it i seem to have lost all confidence in myself :( I think because i've been waiting for this to happen for so long that now its here im doubting myself. Anyway, i've already got 2 meetings set up for monday and wednesday and both seem very keen, the one im a bit unsure of is for a 4 year old girl once a week on a saturday, my question is do i do learning journals and observations etc in pretty much the same way you would for a baby/younger child? I had my mind set that i would first have a small child (been using my 2 yr old as a guinea pig for obs etc ;) ) and have got my head into baby mode, just some reassurance that if i do care for this child that i am going in the right direction with regards to the obs, planning etc.
I hope that makes sense :eek:
thanks in advance, any advice greatly appreciated!

Stapleton83
16-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Exactly the same as you would for any other child the only difference being that they may be more advanced and have a clearer idea of what they like/don't like.

Good luck for your meetings.

Sam x

kimmy79
16-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Exactly the same as you would for any other child the only difference being that they may be more advanced and have a clearer idea of what they like/don't like.

Good luck for your meetings.

Sam x

thank you and thanks so much for that, i love this forum! :thumbsup: x

blue bear
16-06-2013, 10:01 PM
You willbe fine once you get going,my four year old takes ownership of his learning journal and tells me what to put in it and what planning I should do for next time lol.

kimmy79
16-06-2013, 10:11 PM
You willbe fine once you get going,my four year old takes ownership of his learning journal and tells me what to put in it and what planning I should do for next time lol.

i hope i get a mindee like that :laughing: x

benandjerrys
17-06-2013, 12:24 PM
So if we mind a 4 yr old that attends 10 sessions a week at school do we have to do obs? Or is it just a learning journal for pictures photos etc?