PDA

View Full Version : Help with Module on Safeguarding and Your Role

Donna E
15-06-2013, 09:27 PM
I have nearly finished this Module but am a bit lost on the last but one question.

S32 What are the documents it is essential for you to have and be aware of?

In relation to safeguarding I can only think of an Accident Book.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I was thinking EFYS Foundation booklets but can't see how that relates to safeguarding. Was also thinking insurance? but again does that relate to safeguarding?

christine e
15-06-2013, 09:51 PM
The Working Together to Safeguard Children book

Working together to safeguard children: a guide to inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children - About the Department (http://www.education.gov.uk/aboutdfe/statutory/g00213160/working-together-to-safeguard-children)

and publications from your own local authority relating to child protection proceures

christine e
15-06-2013, 09:52 PM
The Working Together to Safeguard Children book

Working together to safeguard children: a guide to inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children - About the Department (http://www.education.gov.uk/aboutdfe/statutory/g00213160/working-together-to-safeguard-children)

and publications from your own local authority relating to child protection proceures

sorry procedures

Donna E
15-06-2013, 10:00 PM
hum ok thank you :)

bunyip
16-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Additionally, you ought to have:

a written safeguarding procedure
list of emergency contacts for safeguarding issues (eg. police, social care, LSCB, plus whatever number your LA uses for reporting safeguarding issues, and the same fr each LA lived in by your clients)
forms for recording incidents/acident/concerns, etc.
documentation of child records, including allergies, emergency contacts, family doctor, etc.
might also include warning notices, such as premises evacuation plan/map; signs to warn parents to take care with hot drinks; handwashing reminders; etc.

These all act to safeguard children in your care.

Donna E
17-06-2013, 11:27 AM
thank you. That really helps. Thought I would need all that, i.e essential