PDA

View Full Version : what mobile phone do you use?

Bluebell
14-06-2013, 12:31 PM
sorry i this is a really boring question or maybe a repeat but what mobile phone does everyone use?

I have an HTC touch screen but the screen is really poor and doesn't respond very well. If I needed to use it in an emergency I don't think I could rely on it!

I need a phone for e-mails, phone calls and I'd like to also access internet.
I occassionally use the camera and would like to use it more so would need the ability to upload to my website or facebook.

I am considering using an online progress site like baby days or something and understand you can upload photos straight to there so would need a reliable and safe camera to make sure it goes where its meant to.

I am on a cheap contract so would just switch my sim card over.

Any recomendations? reliable and user-friendly would probably be my key words here!

Daisy De
14-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Personal choice really.

I have an iphone 5 and wouldn't be without it, everything happens on my phone and it takes great photos which can be cropped and edited easily for Learning Journeys.

Wheelybug
14-06-2013, 12:39 PM
I've also got an iphone 5. Only had it a couple of weeks but went for it as I can upload photos straight to Orbit and my Facebook page and it takes a decent picture. I changed from a Samsung galaxy ace which I found to be really slow. I brought mine new from ebay and brought a 12month sim only deal from the 3 network so I pay £7 a month.

Bluebell
14-06-2013, 12:45 PM
please tell me more about orbit and how you get on with it?
Thanks also for feedback on phones! are there any more suggestions - I think an I-phone may be out of my price league - off to google now! Are they easy to use?

LittleRhino
14-06-2013, 01:01 PM
I have galaxy s3 and would not be without it. I love it. Got emails, facebook plus normal stuff on it. I sometimes take pictures and email strait to parents for them to see what we are up to. Hope you find one you like soon x

mrs robbie williams
14-06-2013, 01:09 PM
iphone 4 i had to be without for a couple of days last week while it dried out from falling down the loo :blush:: serves me right for putting it in my jeans back pocket - dont do that anymore :D

loocyloo
14-06-2013, 01:29 PM
I have galaxy s3 and would not be without it. I love it. Got emails, facebook plus normal stuff on it. I sometimes take pictures and email strait to parents for them to see what we are up to. Hope you find one you like soon x

I've got a galaxy s3 mini and I love it. Plus my Pogo works with it :-)

fionamal
14-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Ive got the windows phone Nokia 820 and love it

amanda1309
14-06-2013, 03:03 PM
I have an HTC one x and love it.

bunyip
14-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Mine's a Nokia (1208?) the absolute dumbest of dumbphones. Had it years. I can put up with the mocking whenever I get it out because:-

I don't get a shiny new one every time I renew my contract, so no need to spend weeks figuring out how it works.
I don't get a shiny new one every time I renew my contract, so I get around £100 off every contract renewal instead.
Nobody wants it = nobody will ever steal or mug me for it. I can leave it in the pub while I go for a wee and when I get back it's still there, surrounded by a group of curious onlookers deciding whether to leave it alone or carbon-date it.
No camera = no safeguarding questions. I already have a decent camera, so why would I want a phone which doubles as a rubbish one?
No Bluetooth = no worries about passive harvesting of all the stored data (btw, do you all include that in your safeguarding policies? :confused:)
No intermittent internet connection = it won't get hacked (only being listened to by the News of the World, GCHQ, and the Pentagon, but then - aren't we all?)
No camera, no Bluetooth, and no internet gubbins means it has room for a decent internal aerial = mine works when smartphones cannot get good reception.