PDA

View Full Version : Help with ob please

Tinkerbell1979
13-06-2013, 02:35 PM
So, yesterday T (15m) took part in our painting activity. I painted her hands for hand print pictures for her daddy.

Today, we did mark making with the aqua draw. It's the one that comes with the flat paintbrush. Anyway, she grabs it, paints her hand and makes hand prints on the aqua draw. Pretty clever I thought so wanted to do an ob on it. BUT what would it link to and I've drawn a blank on next steps???

Any ideas?

TIA

hectors house
13-06-2013, 03:43 PM
You could link it to Characteristics of Learning - Creating & thinking critically - "making links"

Or link it to Media & Materials (expressive art & design)

CLL - Listening & attention - Strong exploratory impulse

Moving & handling - explore sensory experiences - paint, wet sand etc

think she followed on with her own "next step" from yesterdays activity - painting her own hand with water.

Next steps from todays ob could be let her try finger and hand painting on her own.

Tinkerbell1979
13-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Thank you so much xx

CLL
13-06-2013, 08:32 PM
This is sustained shared thinking. I would try to continue on with activities from this and write it up as a separate PLOD as well as observations.

Tinkerbell1979
13-06-2013, 08:43 PM
This is sustained shared thinking. I would try to continue on with activities from this and write it up as a separate PLOD as well as observations.

Thank you. I'm fairly new so forgive me.....what's a PLOD?

MessybutHappy
13-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Plod = Possible lines of development.
I think of it as the posh cousin of next steps. But I've not been around long either and may get corrected!

chriss
13-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Thank you. I'm fairly new so forgive me.....what's a PLOD?

Ooh was wondering the same lol

christine e
14-06-2013, 06:39 AM
possible lines of direction - stick to next steps:thumbsup: