PDA

View Full Version : Online photo scrapbook?

Kirstylob
13-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Hi,
I take a lot of photos of the children playing and doing crafts / activities etc and it costs me a fortune in printing. I put the photo's in a scrapbook, it's fairly relaxed and I write comments alongside the photo's but I don't link to EYFS. They are not used for the EYFS they are for the parents to see what their child enjoys each day and what they get up to. There is no other purpose to them other than enjoyment for the parents and a lovely photographic record of their time with me.
My question is - does anyone know if there is a way that I can do this online? I'd like to be able to make a scrapbook for each child that I could add to regularly and write comments alongside the photo's but that parents could access online and view whenever they wanted.
I do use some of the photo's in their LJ's so will still print some and I also use a selection of them to put into a large scrapbook for me so that Ofsted can see what we do, with these I write an explanation of why and what we are doing and link it to the EYFS. It also means I have photographic record when the children leave.

I'd be very grateful for any ideas or suggestions, Thanks :)

hectors house
13-06-2013, 03:49 PM
You can subscribe free of charge to Orbit website - I looked at it for doing my observations but haven't taken it any further but I know they had an on-line photo album that parents can access with a password. You can link the photos to the EYFS and write an obs too if you want and parents can access that too.

Rick
13-06-2013, 05:15 PM
You can subscribe free of charge to Orbit website - I looked at it for doing my observations but haven't taken it any further but I know they had an on-line photo album that parents can access with a password. You can link the photos to the EYFS and write an obs too if you want and parents can access that too.

Yes I use Orbit and find it a god send. All my observations and assessments are done using this. Each one has photo evidence, links to EYFS are through drop down menus and it also links to parents. I don't have scraps of paper and photos lying around the house, it is all put in one pdf which I personally still print and stick in the child's learning journal.