PDA

View Full Version : making a claim - unpaid fees

leeanne910
12-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Has anyone used Mm in regards to making a claim when a parent hasnt paid the fees.... what happens?! Only as i may need to by next tue :(

Daftbat
12-06-2013, 05:17 PM
I spoke to them about a claim I am making and their legal team was helpful telling me what to write in a letter to the parent allowing them 7 days before any court proceedings. However, I just went back to them after having had NCMA ins for a year and there is a clause saying that if a problem occurs within 90 days of the insurance starting they may not be able to help. I had a good conversation with them and they were willing to put it to their underwriters or whoever, they are but I understood that it would probably have taken 2 weeks to decide. Instead I decided to make a small claims court action online - really easy 20 mins tops and costs £25 which is added to their invoice. Haven't had to send any paperwork anywhere yet but may have to soon as it looks like I will have to send the bailiffs in as my parent hasn't paid yet or made any defence against the amount owed. If they don't pay in the allotted time set by the court then they get a judgement entered against them which you request. After that you can decide from a variety of options.

If Mm are able to help it may stop you having to pay any up front fees as I have had to so see what they say.

Good luck!

suziealderton
12-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Has anyone used Mm in regards to making a claim when a parent hasnt paid the fees.... what happens?! Only as i may need to by next tue :(

I havent but just wanted to say goodluck x

leeanne910
12-06-2013, 05:29 PM
I spoke to them about a claim I am making and their legal team was helpful telling me what to write in a letter to the parent allowing them 7 days before any court proceedings. However, I just went back to them after having had NCMA ins for a year and there is a clause saying that if a problem occurs within 90 days of the insurance starting they may not be able to help. I had a good conversation with them and they were willing to put it to their underwriters or whoever, they are but I understood that it would probably have taken 2 weeks to decide. Instead I decided to make a small claims court action online - really easy 20 mins tops and costs £25 which is added to their invoice. Haven't had to send any paperwork anywhere yet but may have to soon as it looks like I will have to send the bailiffs in as my parent hasn't paid yet or made any defence against the amount owed. If they don't pay in the allotted time set by the court then they get a judgement entered against them which you request. After that you can decide from a variety of options.

If Mm are able to help it may stop you having to pay any up front fees as I have had to so see what they say.

Good luck!

Yeh the guy on the phone said u have to make the claim no later than 90 days....just stressing as i am.owed £600 just over now...and i havent been able to pay my rent :(

Daftbat
12-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Write to the parent advising that you will be going to court on the advice of your insurance company.

This is basically what you need to say:

Dear xxxxxxxx

Re: Oustanding invoice for £xxxx dated xxxxxxx due for payment (date).

At the time of writing I am not in receipt of the above payment which became due on XXXXXX. In accordance with legal requirements I therefore put you on notice that you are in breach of contract and should payment not be received within the next 7 days I will be issuing court proceedings.

Then either take it through MM or use Money Claim On Line to get a formal summons to be issued.