PDA

View Full Version : including characteristics of effective learning in individual child plans

hulahooper
07-06-2013, 05:39 PM
My dev worker suggested that I should be including in my individual planning, planning for characteristics of effective learning. Do we have to do this? How have people been doing this?

blue bear
07-06-2013, 07:32 PM
I only include it in my biannual assessments, I am aware of the children's characteristics of learning and naturally provide for them in the resources and types of activities I offer. I know my children inside out and am confident I know what makes them tick and feel writing it down every week doesn't prove anything.

hulahooper
07-06-2013, 08:10 PM
How are u writing them in ur biannuals? Can u give me an example?

The Juggler
07-06-2013, 08:18 PM
i include it in observations and in in summary assessments but NOT in my planning. Engaging the child in what they are ready for and in what they are interestsed in IS what will help them develop COEL's. I don't really see how else you can plan for them :panic:

blue bear
08-06-2013, 08:49 AM
How are u writing them in ur biannuals? Can u give me an example?

Will when I go on the pc, can't access hem on here

hulahooper
08-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Thanks. I really appreciate it. Got inspection. This week lol.

sarah707
08-06-2013, 07:01 PM
The characteristics are not outcomes like development matters. You don't plan for a child to achieve them.

Some children are quiet, some noisy, some play in groups, some alone etc. You can't change their nature.

You note them as you observe and use what you have seen in your individual planning.

Look in free resources you will find info there :D