PDA

View Full Version : Forgot DD Again!

Tealady
07-06-2013, 04:52 PM
My DD is in Year 2 and her school is a 9 mile round trip away.

Since her Pre-school days me and my friend have done one day a week where we bring each others child/children home to save us a school run. Never had a problem with the arrangement. Always went smoothly and was mutually beneficial.

However a few months ago my friend forgot to collect DD. Got a call from the school office asking who was collecting her that day. So had to dash out to get her.

Friend was going to take her one morning for me when my car was off the road. Forgot again and I ended up taking a 3hr, four bus ride trip just to get her to school and me DS and mindee home again. (normally 20min round trip in a car)

Anyway today it happened again. This time her teacher rang to say she hadn't been collected.

DD is OK about it. Loves her teacher, so enjoyed having the one on one time. I had to really try not to show how cross I was.

I have been trying to work out all afternoon how to address this with my friend but she twigged about 5:00pm and called to apologise. I just found my self assuring her it wasn't a problem. She said to let her know if I want to "dump" arrangement but I hate having the ball in my court. I will chat to her about it next week when calmed down. I do think I want to stop the arrangement but don't want to offend my friend. It's not helped by the fact I have baggage about being left at school as my Grandad would kip too long after a lunchtime pint and be late to collect me and my sister.

Petshrinklj
07-06-2013, 04:58 PM
I don't think she will be offended if you abandon this arrangement as she suggested it. She isn't reliable. So you can't trust her to pick your daughter up. I don't think you'd relax whenever it was her turn to collect her. I feel very cross on your behalf. I'm sure after she has forgetton twice shed be expecting you to call it quits. The arrangement doesn't work if she keeps forgetting. I'd be furious with her. Glad your daughter wasn't distressed about it though.

blue bear
07-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Maybe she doesn't want to do it any more and doesn't know how to approach you.
I'd be saying I think it's probably best if we stop the arrangement now as you don't want to put pressure on her to remember. Just be careful you don't end up doing her favours and land with all the school runs

Sweetpea
07-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Dilemma, poor you. If your daughter isn't bothered it depends on how helpful it is for you not to have a school run once a week

Sweetpea x

wendywu
07-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Seems silly for you both to go every day, could you not send her a text as a reminder just before school pick up time. I know its a pain but not such a pain as doing the school run.

On the other hand if it was her turn to collect and she forgot i would jolly well expect her to go back out and collect my daughter:angry:

Amandak28
08-06-2013, 04:31 AM
What a position to be in.

Can you not set up a calendar event in each of your phones so that it jogs her memory and yours.

Also tell the teacher the previous day perhaps so they can then send the 2 out together? Are they in the same class?

Hth xx