PDA

View Full Version : Funding

DollsHouse
06-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Hi

I can't seem to find the right area to post this question but I was just wondering what I do to apply to offer Funding as a Childminder?

Amandak28
06-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Sorry to jump in but im doing my CYPOP5 and would like to know about this funding too please! :-)
Is is dependant on where you live?

Xx

line6
06-06-2013, 08:42 PM
I had to apply to my local authority. I did m cypop5 online which isn't slightly more than they funded but they did pay for most of it.

vikiwizz
06-06-2013, 08:59 PM
In my area you have to be accredited so have level 3 in childcare and have been childminding for at least 1 year. But you will need to speak with your early years time to find out what the restrictions are in your area

Mouse
06-06-2013, 09:01 PM
You need to speak to your local authority early years team to find out what their criteria are.

DollsHouse
07-06-2013, 09:17 AM
My Quality & Sufficiency Officer in my area has emailed me. So for this area you do need to have Level 3, be graded Good and have to apply to become a member of the Childminding Network. I am still a little unsure of how it all works though. It is less money than I charge for one age group and very slightly more in another. How does the payment work? Sorry seems a silly question but I never dealt with funding when I worked at a pre-school.

I have just read that if you are part of the network that you get inspected 4 times a year and become part of a real quality assurance scheme so I guess it is not simply a matter of just offering funding!