PDA

View Full Version : Bank holidays

Ebs71
06-07-2008, 09:06 PM
i was wondering what everyone else puts in their ploicies for bank hols? does anyone work it? if so do you charge as normal day?

In drawing up my policies at mo and thought i would findout what everyone else does?

Thanks

foxy lady
06-07-2008, 09:08 PM
hi i dont work them
i like an extra day off here:laughing: :laughing: and there

childminder54
06-07-2008, 09:52 PM
i donot work them but still charge always have.. have worked before and charged double

veronicaxx

sue m
06-07-2008, 09:56 PM
I only worked bank holidays when I worked for police officers and I charged them double because it was only for a few hours when one went on shift and one came off so I couldn't go out at all with having the little one 4 or 5 hours.

Sue x

charleyfarley
06-07-2008, 10:29 PM
I don't normally work bank hols still charge normal fee though but if I do work it's double time

Carol xx

tulip0803
06-07-2008, 11:17 PM
I always used to offer to work bank holidays (but only ever had one child for one bank holiday) as DH worked shifts so always worked bank Holidays so it was not really a family day. If they wanted me to work it was double time if they did not want me to work I charged the normal rate as I was available to work.

Heaven Scent
07-07-2008, 12:51 AM
I don't work them but charge children who are contracted to attend and would charge double if I did work one.

crazybones
07-07-2008, 06:13 AM
I don't work them but charge children who are contracted to attend and would charge double if I did work one.

I am the same :D

Ebs71
07-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Wow....... dont work them but still charge, why didnt i think of that!! That i do like :thumbsup: :)

Makes sense though

Thanks ladies xx

LisaH
07-07-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm the same too.:)

helenlc
07-07-2008, 08:13 PM
And me!! :laughing:

Normal rate if contracted day. Double if I actually work it.

Not had to yet but we dont generally do anything special on a bank holiday, so would work if if needed.

Mrs M
08-07-2008, 10:15 AM
I only charge if I work it and I charge my normal rate apart from Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.

singlewiththree
18-07-2008, 09:20 AM
I'm booked on the course but at the moment I'm working and my daughter goes to a childminder. I have to work BH and get normal pay and I have to pay my childminder but she doesnt work BH so I then I have to find childcare elsewhere which is a pain in the bum.

On this perspective I'm planning on charging for BH but if the parent has to work have the child anyway without a double fee as most people dont get double fee for working BH its just where they work its a regular day.
Paula

Spangles
18-07-2008, 10:10 AM
I don't have any intention of working bank holidays and I don't charge for them either as I'm not available. If someone was desperate I'd do it for time and a half though if I wasn't busy!

tortoise
20-07-2008, 12:17 PM
I dont work bank holidays but I do charge a 1/2 hour rate for them.

ChocolateChip
23-07-2008, 10:36 PM
At the moment I don't charge for them if not required, but would charge my unsocial hours rate if needed.
However I am thinking of reviewing this next year and maybe charging a half-fee if it's a contracted day and they don't use it, and still my extra rate if they do.
With Easter being early this year I lost quite a few days work, and whilst I don't want to take the mickey, having been a working parent myself, I still need to pay my ever increasing bills.