PDA

View Full Version : Chilldcare grant for new business

NicNoc76
06-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Hello All,
I finally received my Ofsted registration certificate in the post on Saturday! I did a wee victory dance when it was delivered, but was then stopped in my tracks as the post-lady came back to deliver something else....oops.
I am lucky enough to have a few families interested already and have 2 starting at the end of the month.
I just wanted to post about the childcare grant that is available to new childminders as long as you haven't started trading. I got my confirmation letter through yesterday so should get the 250 quid in my bank soon. It is a very easy form and well worth applying, just remember that you are no longer eligible once you start minding....this is something I was not aware of.
Here is a link to the website to help; Childcare Business Grants Scheme - Home page (http://www.childcarebusinessgrants.dcms.gov.uk/)

Little_steps
06-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Ooh lovely, thanks!

Rick
07-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Thanks for sharing.......this should be of help to others :thumbsup:

MessybutHappy
07-06-2013, 06:49 AM
That's good for new startups, thanks for sharing!

vikiwizz
07-06-2013, 06:49 AM
That's great thank you

Karen1
07-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Thank you. am going to do this.

Amandak28
08-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Thanks hun will be printing and filling out tonight! Will come in extremely handy! :-) x

vikiwizz
08-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Just to let you know, I have filled out the form and needed to phone them to clarify something, and they said make sure you fill in section 3 otherwise it will slow up the progress

Helen1
08-06-2013, 09:07 PM
I have just received this grant. My local council emailed me the details, have spent lots on setting up so this will help loads :)

vikiwizz
08-06-2013, 09:47 PM
I have just received this grant. My local council emailed me the details, have spent lots on setting up so this will help loads :)

Do they pay straight into your bank? Did it take very long to go through? Also do you have to say what you are spending the money on? Sorry for all the questions

Sammie1309
08-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Hello All,
I finally received my Ofsted registration certificate in the post on Saturday! I did a wee victory dance when it was delivered, but was then stopped in my tracks as the post-lady came back to deliver something else....oops.
I am lucky enough to have a few families interested already and have 2 starting at the end of the month.
I just wanted to post about the childcare grant that is available to new childminders as long as you haven't started trading. I got my confirmation letter through yesterday so should get the 250 quid in my bank soon. It is a very easy form and well worth applying, just remember that you are no longer eligible once you start minding....this is something I was not aware of.
Here is a link to the website to help; Childcare Business Grants Scheme - Home page (http://www.childcarebusinessgrants.dcms.gov.uk/)

Is this avalible everywhere ? Iv been to we only get £150

vikiwizz
09-06-2013, 10:10 AM
It's a government thing so I can't see why it would be different just because touring a different part of the country?

Emra81
09-06-2013, 02:53 PM
I filled in the form and sent it off a few weeks ago. It says nothing about a difference in the amount you get based on where you are so I think everyone who applies gets the £250, until the pot is empty!

The website gives examples of the type of thing you could spend it on and you don't have to send any evidence off. It just says to keep a record of what you spend as they will be auditing randomly. It also says that you won't get the money until you've got your ofsted certificate which makes sense. Hope that helps :-)

rachelmama
13-06-2013, 10:31 AM
hi everyone I just rang them about a grant and unfortunately you can't have one if you are in Wales

Helen1
14-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Do they pay straight into your bank? Did it take very long to go through? Also do you have to say what you are spending the money on? Sorry for all the questions

Yes it goes straight into your bank account and no I didn't have to tell them what I was spending it on! I got it in about 3 weeks.

Emra81
14-06-2013, 04:50 PM
I got a letter this mornnig confirming that my application for the grant has been approved. I just have to send them a copy of my certificate when I'm registered and the £250 will be mine....all mine!

EmmaB79
19-06-2013, 09:28 AM
I've just sent off the form to apply for this too, fingers crossed the pot still has money as this would be a huge help once I am set up and registered :)

vikiwizz
20-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Mine landed in my account today, very excited. Now what to spend it on....................

Wee Care
20-06-2013, 12:04 PM
I have filled out the form and needed to phone them to clarify something, and they said make sure you fill in section 3 otherwise it will slow up the progress

Do they mean you should fill out section 3 even if you are already registered with Ofsted? As the form says to go straight to section 6 if you are already registered. Or were you not yet registered when you phoned?

vikiwizz
20-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Yes I was registered and have my certificate. When I phoned she said to fill out section 3 as although it says you don't need to you do, as otherwise it will delay the process

Wee Care
20-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Yes I was registered and have my certificate. When I phoned she said to fill out section 3 as although it says you don't need to you do, as otherwise it will delay the process

Thank you, I will fill out that section too then. :)

line6
20-06-2013, 09:40 PM
I was registered in May buy I'm not starting work until Sept. I sent my forms off last week and got a letter today to say my £250 will be in my bank within 5 days. Very happy. Thanks for this link.

line6
20-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Also I didn't fill in section 3 as I was already registered and it didn't cause any delays at all. Heard back in just over a week.

vikiwizz
21-06-2013, 08:31 AM
How strange, I wonder why the lady told me to fill it in. Oh we'll no matter as long as we all get the £250 :)

amylouise867
27-06-2013, 09:27 PM
This is brilliant!!!

Thank you for sharing!! :)

LittleAcornsThatcham
01-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Has anyone applied for the extra element for children with SEN?