PDA

View Full Version : numbers and using my mum.

dawnyp
06-06-2013, 06:24 AM
Hi there, advice needed please .. I have my own little boy who is 3 and goes to pre school in the afternoon however i have one day where i am going to be looking after 3 other children under 5 as another chilminder has packed in so i have helped one of her parents. I have asked my mum if she can come over on that day and help me by looking after my son. Some weeks she will be here other weekes she may take him out on the bus or to her house.

I don't think i need to get her registered as an assistant for this but not sure. Any advice much appreciated!

muffins
06-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Yes you will need to register her as your assistant as your son counts towards your numbers at all times. He is your responsibility at all times as you would need to go to him in an emergancy, so whether or not your mum has him at home or out he still counts.

sarah707
06-06-2013, 04:57 PM
You can change your numbers for continuity of care - but not for new business.

So if you have 3 under 5 including your son then you can add an extra child if a current parent wants to take on someone new...

BUT you can't have 4 under 5 if you are taking on a new child.

The way to do it is to register your mum as an assistant. She will need first aid if she's left on her own with the children, but otherwise just EY2 form and wait for the letter to come back.

hope this explains :D