PDA

View Full Version : couple of questions

benandjerrys
03-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Has anyone got a rough idea of how long it takes for Ofsted take to come out for pre reg after all checks are completed?

Do you think it would put parents off knowing you are a newly registered minder?

Should I have a welcome pack prepared for the pre reg?

Thankyou

benandjerrys
03-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Just thought of another question...what format do you use for risk assessments? Im thinking to use a grid...risk, level of risk, who is at risk, how to reduce risk etc do you think this is acceptable or a bit minimal?

Rick
03-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Well Ofsted have 12 weeks to complete the process from receiving your application so it could be around 8 weeks in.
Not necessarily. Some parents may like the fact that they have got in first and can have pretty much what days and times they want. Most parents look at the person and if they get on with them and they are suitable. We all have to start somewhere, we just hope someone gives us a chance.
Good idea to have something to show parents, shows professionalism. If you can email it as well beforehand it will show you are keen.
My risk assessments use a grid and are pretty simple. Why over complicate things! :thumbsup:

Karen1
04-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Just jumping in.

Are you saying that ousted have 12 weeks to complete everything.

As just checked it is 12 weeks this week for me and still waiting for the social services checks to be done! Then will have to wait for visit....

benandjerrys
04-06-2013, 09:16 AM
I have just rang Ofsted and they said prospect will ring me in the next 2 days to arrange visit, visit has to be done by the 28th. I think I put my application in early march.