PDA

View Full Version : DO YOU ALL HAVE A HOLIDAY IN THE NEXT 6 MONTHS?

angeldelight
30-05-2013, 08:42 AM
So who is gong on holiday this year

Where are you going and how long for?

Are you hoping for somewhere with some sunshine?

Angel xxx

cherry
30-05-2013, 08:50 AM
We're going on a Cruise to Cairo and the Holy Lands in 18 days time :clapping::clapping:

Can't wait, though it will feel strange as our son won't be coming with us this year as he's still at Uni.

Becci26
30-05-2013, 09:00 AM
No holiday for us this year, boo! :(

We were hoping to get away on a late deal before baby makes an appearance but now DH has been made redundant we are saving all our pennies!

We are already looking for next year though...

VeggieSausage
30-05-2013, 09:05 AM
We are going to Holland for a change ....

Toothfairy
30-05-2013, 09:14 AM
We are off camping in Cornwall for the first two weeks of the summer hols, so we are praying for good weather.
Would love to go abroad but for us ( me, DH, 18yr, 16yr & 10yr old) its is too expensive.
We normally camp in France but thought this year we would have a change and go to Cornwall.

shortstuff
30-05-2013, 09:18 AM
none planned as yet, i will have a rest from work but not going away anywhere. Especially as OH has just changed his car, lol

CLL
30-05-2013, 09:50 AM
No holiday for us either. I have 2 weeks in August off work but we can not afford to go abroad on holiday this year. Going to spend a few nights at a caravan and some day trips.

childminder54
30-05-2013, 09:55 AM
We will be going to Tenerife in Oct/Nov for 18days cannot wait as we didnot go in April as flights too expensive. Then in December for christmas to San Francisco to see daughter her hubby and two grandchildren who are growing up too quick. See them once a year really miss them.

ruby
30-05-2013, 10:09 AM
well i will be leaving for the airport in about 3 hours to fly to lanzarote for 10days :clapping::clapping:

Its our Ruby wedding on Sunday so we thought we would treat ourselves.

so looking forward to it .

Cathy

Roseolivia
30-05-2013, 10:10 AM
We're going to France in August with the kids for our honeymoon. 2wks in the caravan on a hopefully lovely site. Going to Disney Paris too:clapping:

Tink
30-05-2013, 10:28 AM
3 weeks today were going to Disneyland Paris, a huge birthday surprise for my DD who will be 5 while we are there.
Me and DH are super excited we can't wait to see her face :)

desiderata
30-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Our taxi is picking us up at 2 this afternoon !! my dd 23 and myself are going to Tunisia for 14 days, after the crap year or so I have had thanks to my ex we deserve it. Will miss Ds tho as hes not coming with us xxx

The Juggler
30-05-2013, 11:01 AM
we are off to spain for 2 weeks on 5th August. My sis moves to spain in july and by chance the place we are staying is 20 mins down the road from her new home town so we will be visiting her when we get there :clapping:

stargazer1
30-05-2013, 11:20 AM
We are off to Majorca for 2 weeks on 3rd August. 9 weeks and 2 days to go (not counting at all!) :) :) x

julie w
30-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Cornwall for week with dh and parents middle of July and 2 weeks in tenerife (again) end of Aug. Planning the diet now. One parent has said (not to my face) that she cant afford to go away because she is 'paying for my holiday'. but when I'm on that sun bed I shant worry what anyone thinks.

blue bear
30-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Nothing booked but as we have had to send off for passports to get crb done for ds2 and ds3 I'm feeling we should make use of them.

lauraring1
30-05-2013, 11:53 AM
We are off to Egypt for 2 weeks on the 15th August all inclusive.... It's gonna be hot hot hot :0) so can't wait!!

maisiemog
30-05-2013, 12:14 PM
So who is gong on holiday this year

Where are you going and how long for?

Are you hoping for somewhere with some sunshine?

Angel xxx

Yes!!!! This time in 2 weeks I will be on the plane heading to Cuba for a fortnight! Cannot wait!!!

This is our treat to ourselves for a rubbish year last year. We probably couldn't afford it and will never manage to go again now we will have to pay school holiday prices so I intend to enjoy every single second of it!

toddlers896
30-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Yes and I can't wait.going to the south of France and taking my little doggy with me. So looking forward to a holiday and better still I don't have to get on an aeroplane.i hate flying eek x

lubeam
30-05-2013, 12:45 PM
It's our wedding anniversary today and my birthday next week so were havin a night away mid June and going to robin hoods bay in August , half way through the 6 weeks , defiantly feel ill need it! Lol :)

sunview_cm
30-05-2013, 12:55 PM
We're taking our caravan away to York this year. Staying on site near city centre, so am really looking forward to site seeing round York and local attractions.

Need to order my days out vouchers!
X

cathtee
30-05-2013, 12:59 PM
just got back yesterday from 10 days in Cyprus so hot, and I'm now so cold, got 10 weeks to my next one, :clapping:

WibbleWobble
30-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Mr wobble, ms wobble and I are off to the south of France in the car taking our tent. It's a campsite I know ( just at the bottom of mount ventoux)

We are away for two weeks. In august . Going on the tunnel there and ferry back. Staying at a b&b on way and way back

Fab!

Wibble the excited x

amanda1309
30-05-2013, 03:45 PM
We're off to Egypt in October for 10 days and I cannot wait :clapping:

Greengrass74
30-05-2013, 04:14 PM
We are off to the new forest in August for a cycling holiday then going to Florida in September for 2 weeks, can't wait it has been such a busy year so am looking forward to both.

Hope everyone enjoys their holiday wherever you go.:thumbsup:

phoenix2010
30-05-2013, 04:36 PM
So far have planned

July ....an activity weekend in Wales with friends and kids , abseiling , kayaking , raft building , wine drinking

July ....weekend in London with friends

August ...2 weeks in Ibiza with 5 other mummies and all our little darlings , havnt been abroad for 4 yrs so mucho excited

October .....5 days in Scarborough visiting my son and his gf

I do love my hols , its my treat to myself for working so damn hard

loocyloo
30-05-2013, 04:54 PM
we went to disneyland paris at easter so not going abroad for a hot holiday this year.

going to northumberland in august for a weeks stay in a cottage in the middle of nowhere with no mobile or internet !!! should be interesting, but peaceful & relaxing :D

then going to harewood house in leeds for a VW festival, camping for the weekend, and possibly then camping the bank holiday weekend at the galtres family festival in helmsley ( even though it is just down the road, easier ot stay than drive back & forth! )

bindy
30-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Two weeks holiday Florida in September. 1 week December Red Sea!! Sun Sun Sun

bunyip
30-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Three days on a little island in Poole harbour next month. Looking forward to the break.

We had 2 days in the Lake District last year (which was my first holiday in 8 or 9 years) and a walking weekend with an overnight stay in Derbyshire. Really enjoyed it far more than expected, as I love being around my home and community so much. :)

Chimps Childminding
30-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Only just back at work after being off sick for 8 months so just having a few days in Bournemouth in July as DS3 is playing cricket down there and it just happens to be the week my 2 families (who are related) are on holiday together :clapping:

lisbet
30-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Three days on a little island in Poole harbour next month. Looking forward to the break.

Is that Brownsea? We really enjoyed staying there. (Had the all important good weather!)

We only seem to manage a UK mini-break by rail every other year :rolleyes: and are going to the Odney Club this year: swimming pool, lots of green space for the 3 children, no cooking or housework. :D

FussyElmo
30-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Doubtful not unless the money fairies turn up :D

charleyfarley
30-05-2013, 08:37 PM
No holiday for us this year :crying::crying: but we shall be booking next years hol in the next couple of months :clapping: Something to look forward too

Carol xx

Kiddleywinks
30-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Oh yes!

August, off to Mallorca, 10 nights all inclusive, me, my bezzie mate who I don't get to see much now we're 160 miles away, DD and the bottomless pit DS (12 and over 5'6'' :panic:)
Can't bloomin' wait

1st holiday in 4 years, 1st abroad holiday for bezzie and DS, in 12 years for me and DD, 1st ever all inclusive because I decided it was probably going to be the cheaper option with DS who always has a growth spurt July-September, and can eat his own body weight on the hour every hour!

And when mindees are driving us nutty I just think, it's fine, really, it's fine, if it wasn't for them we wouldn't be going anywhere near an airport :thumbsup:

lisbet
30-05-2013, 09:00 PM
And when mindees are driving us nutty I just think, it's fine, really, it's fine, if it wasn't for them we wouldn't be going anywhere near an airport :thumbsup:

Love this! :laughing:

doris127
30-05-2013, 09:14 PM
4 weeks tomorrow we're heading to Florida for 3 weeks - can't wait. We've been planning it for a couple of years so can't wait :cheerleader:
We're doing all the parks and finally going to swim with the dolphins. I do get the feeling that I'm going to need a holiday to recover from it!

ivy
30-05-2013, 09:25 PM
My husband and i have booked a weekend in Blackpool in October , the first time we have been away without any children in 32 years , have a 31 year old and a 16 year old son .

Jenna
30-05-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm off to Egypt for a week at end of sept to celebrate our 10th anniversary. DS is off to stay with grandparents whilst mummy and daddy spend the week in the sun. 5* all inclusive hotel with a swim up room. I can't wait

wendywu
30-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Two weeks in a all inclusive in turkey in August :cool:

hayleychildcare
31-05-2013, 07:44 AM
Im off for 2 weeks in July All Inclusive in Tunisia.

We are flying on DS 18th birthday and we are still there for our 10th wedding anniversary.

Carnt wait :jump for joy:

DAWN44
31-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Yes!!!! Woohoo!!!!!:p

We are going to Turkey for 2 weeks in August. All inclusive, never done all inclusive or been to Turkey.

Cannot wait, haven't been away for 4 years and so need some family time xx

cbj1609
31-05-2013, 08:22 AM
I am taking 16 days off in August - this is the only holiday I take throughout the whole year and I must say this year I am really looking forward to it. We only took a holiday as a whole family for the first time last year and it did us the world of good so decided to go for it again as my own children loved it. I work all year, term and holidays so I think we deserve a bit of a break.

Enjoy your holidays.

:cool:

Tigertots
31-05-2013, 08:26 AM
Nothing booked so wish I was going somewhere. Really need a break :(

lozzy23
31-05-2013, 08:26 AM
Is that Brownsea? We really enjoyed staying there. (Had the all important good weather!)

We only seem to manage a UK mini-break by rail every other year :rolleyes: and are going to the Odney Club this year: swimming pool, lots of green space for the 3 children, no cooking or housework. :D

Just come back from Brownsea yesterday, just a daytrip - tagged on from a few days break at Portsmouth.

Love Odney Club too.

This year we are going to Austria in August for 2 weeks, the first time without our 2 oldest children, although DD will fly out after going to a festival the weekend before to spend a week with us.

In October we will spend a week in Cyprus, just me, DH and our youngest DS.

sskent08
31-05-2013, 08:50 AM
we are off to centre parcs in belguim, it is a lot cheaper than centre pacrs in the uk, last year is cost £1300 for two weeks for the five of us. this will be the third time we have been

the eurotunnel cost about £110 so a cheap way for five of us to get abroad

next year we are looking at driving down to northern spain

bunyip
31-05-2013, 09:05 AM

Hi Lisbet :waving: ,

Yes, it will be Brownsea. Mrs Bunyip is a 'Partner' (making me a Partner's partner. :D )

We really enjoyed the Ambleside venue last year, having luckily caught that lovely weekend just before the Jubilee rush - one weekend of sun in between several weeks of rain. Lucky us. :thumbsup:

lisbet
31-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Hi Lisbet :waving: ,

Yes, it will be Brownsea. Mrs Bunyip is a 'Partner' (making me a Partner's partner. :D )

We really enjoyed the Ambleside venue last year, having luckily caught that lovely weekend just before the Jubilee rush - one weekend of sun in between several weeks of rain. Lucky us. :thumbsup:

Lol, I am a Partner's partner too. :D Enjoy the island!

lozzy23
31-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Lol, I am a Partner's partner too. :D Enjoy the island!

Me too!!!!

I have been a partner (twice) and met my partner when he was a partner. I then was not a partner but stayed the partner's partner. Two of my children are partners and one has become the partner of another partner. Keeping it in the JL family.

It's great being a partner's partner:D

lisbet
31-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Me too!!!!

I have been a partner (twice) and met my partner when he was a partner. I then was not a partner but stayed the partner's partner. Two of my children are partners and one has become the partner of another partner. Keeping it in the JL family.

:thumbsup:...but now the word 'partner' sounds really weird after reading it so many times! :laughing:

vickylou
01-06-2013, 03:18 PM
We are off to Park resorts in Skegness in August with DD 17 and DS 12, DS 18 is staying at home for the first time with doggy. Going to be both strange and worrying leaving him alone for a whole week.

Then in October me and DH are off to York for 2 nights for our 20th Anniversary, this time leaving all 3 of them on their own! Not sure whether the 2 older ones will cope with DS 12 for three days!!!

Then the following weekend I'm going back to York with a group old school friends, we all re-met at a school reunion last September not seen them in 24 years! But it was amazing we all just clicked again, and have met a couple of times sine!! But 3 nights away with them is going to be fantastic, we have decided to go Self catering and we have hired a fantastic house absolutely amazing and it's only costing us £62 each for the 3 nights!

Does hardly seem worth coming home I between the two weekends though!! Lol York is a fantastic place there's so much to do, and gorgeous pubs and restaurants.

bunyip
02-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Me too!!!!

I have a partner's partner's Partnership Card.

Mrs Bunyip finds this really annoying. I preferred it when I worked on the railways and Mrs B had a free travel pass that was officially described and marked as a "Dependent's Pass".

The idea that should she ever depend upon me...... :laughing::rolleyes::laughing: