PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out as a nanny - help! :)

kayleighpurvis
30-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Hi guys,

My name is Kayleigh and I'm 23 years old. I've been working in children's nurseries since I was 17 and I have gained my NVQ Level 3 in Children's Care, Learning and Development during this time. I also have my food hygiene, child protection and first aid all up to date. I'm currently in Australia working as an au pair for a family of 1 little girl. When I'm home, I'd love to set myself up as a self-employed nanny caring for different families through normal working weeks, half terms, summer holidays, evenings etc. I really need some advice on how to register myself, what prices would be ideal, and just general help with nearly everything, as I really am a little clueless with where to even start!!

Any advice would be so helpful and I'd be very thankful!

Thankyou all in advance!!

sarah707
30-05-2013, 08:58 AM
You are very welcome on the Childminding Forum - but we are all childminders here.

You might find that the Nanny Association is more set up to answer your questions -

BAPN - The Association of Professional Nannies - Raising the profile of the professional nanny (http://www.bapn.org.uk/Default.aspx)

Good luck! :D