angeldelight
28-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Hope everyone is ok

It's raining it's pouting here booo

Do you all have the same ?

Angel xx

TooEarlyForGin?
28-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Yep, after every school holiday being ruined by the weather recently, was really looking forward to this week, with some trips out to farms, but yet again here we are stuck mainly indoors yet again, with lots of children.

Oh, and when I mentioned to one of my parents "I don't think we will make it to the farm today again" he replied "oh a bit of rain shouldn't put you off, the kids would still love it".... Yes I am sure 6 kids from 1 to 11 will love to all get wet, have lunch in the rain and the little ones stuck under a raincover not seeing much at all, then pile in my already filthy car wet and dirty.

Parents with only 1 child eh!

bunyip
28-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Hope everyone is ok

It's raining it's pouting here booo

Do you all have the same ?

Angel xx

Yup. My potatoes and asparagus are loving it. :)

hectors house
28-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Such a shame that toddler groups don't open in the holidays - we are having a quiet day at home today, doing some painting after lunch. For the first time in ages I pulled back the curtains saw it was raining and went back to bed (when I should have been up cleaning), really didn't want to work today as I had such a lovely extended weekend - still not feeling very motivated!

ziggy
28-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Living in Ireland i feel all i do is look out at the rain:(

Took 3 mindees for haircut today, forgot when i made appointment new baby was staying today lol. Sun was shining when we left home, by the time 3 haircuts were done and child being potty trained had accident the rain arrived so back home to read kiddy bible (as requested by school child)

Had to laugh when he chose Noah and the Ark:laughing::laughing::laughing:

FussyElmo
28-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Yes raining here too :D

can someone please tell me why I have told the girls we would try and make a rabbit by using the sewing machine. You would think by now I would realise a) I cant sew. b) I cant read a pattern. Wish me luck :laughing::laughing:

smurfette
28-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Yes raining here too :D

can someone please tell me why I have told the girls we would try and make a rabbit by using the sewing machine. You would think by now I would realise a) I cant sew. b) I cant read a pattern. Wish me luck :laughing::laughing:

Good luck with that one, I am useless too!

Not too bad here for a change, quite warm and threatening rain but hopefully it's just showers.. Managed a trip to playground and to feed ducks this am and now all 4 are out for the count !

little chickee
28-05-2013, 11:48 AM
No t sure if i should say but its lovely here with me.
Sunny and warm. We skipped going to toddlers and have been in the garden all morning.

Sorry!!:laughing:

AliceK
28-05-2013, 12:06 PM
It has rained all day. My patio outside my back door is flooded. It's not just a bit of rain it's constant and heavy. No chance of getting out. At least right now I have the 2 babies asleep and the 4 older children are quietly doing some drawing / colouring. It's all pretty peaceful but it won't last long. I'm sitting down while I get the chance with a well earned cuppa and piece of walnut cake, mmmmmm

xxxxxx

mrs robbie williams
28-05-2013, 12:29 PM
no mindees here but i had the insane idea that i needed to sort out my toy room and toy storage room :panic::panic: toys and bits of toys everywhere, now ive had a break i cba to carry on lol but I MUST :D pouring here, dog wants a walk but am waiting for a break in the clouds :cool: also said id pick dd up from work as no mindees and saves her getting 2 buses in the rain so need to done and ready to leave here at 4, although i have got tom morning as only 1 and he doesnt get here til 1230 :D:D

SJ35
28-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Miserable here too :( but both my mindees have been asleep for an hour now :)
One goes at 2pm then a nice afternoon of painting I think before the other one goes home :) z

Maza
28-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Went to a new toddler exercise class at my local sure start this morning and I'm so glad we did as we'll probably be stuck inside for most of the day now with this weather. Toddler asleep and I've been painting and colouring with 4 year old. I bought some puzzle books and other bits and bobs from the pound shop yeasterday and thank goodness I did as they are keeping DD occupied. Poor kids, I hate this weather in their holidays. :(

loocyloo
28-05-2013, 01:03 PM
we woke to rain and i thought 'oh no, another rainy school holidays', but by the time all mindees had arrived, and DS had gone off to his friends, the rain had stopped and so we went for a walk to check the tadpoles in the pond ... still no frogs, just fat tadpoles! LO have played outside, had lunch and are now sleeping. DD is 'creating' in her bedroom and i daren't go and look ... i couldn't see the floor for playmobil & sylvanians BEFORE she went up :panic::D

its overcast and feels muggy and i have no omph to do anything at all when everyone wakes up! although i have found and printed some tadpole/frog pictures to colour/whatever!

FussyElmo
28-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Good luck with that one, I am useless too!

Not too bad here for a change, quite warm and threatening rain but hopefully it's just showers.. Managed a trip to playground and to feed ducks this am and now all 4 are out for the count !

Well so far we haven't been able to thread the sewing machine. The needle has snapped. But we will not be defeated - hopefully fingers crossed even if we just get one ear sewn it will be a start :rolleyes:

shortstuff
28-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Well so far we haven't been able to thread the sewing machine. The needle has snapped. But we will not be defeated - hopefully fingers crossed even if we just get one ear sewn it will be a start :rolleyes:

as my DS(6) would say, very annoyingly, remember to persevere lol.

Its horrid when things just dont go the way we want them too.

Im in the luxurious position of having the three mindees asleep, DS is laying down and pretending to sleep as he is ill and tired but wont give in, gggrrr, he will wake them up in a minute n I dont want three grumpy under 4's.

FussyElmo
28-05-2013, 01:38 PM
as my DS(6) would say, very annoyingly, remember to persevere lol.

Its horrid when things just dont go the way we want them too.

Im in the luxurious position of having the three mindees asleep, DS is laying down and pretending to sleep as he is ill and tired but wont give in, gggrrr, he will wake them up in a minute n I dont want three grumpy under 4's.

We have persevered and put the thing away before I hit it with a hammer. Note to self don't be delusional about what I can and cant do :laughing::laughing::laughing:

shortstuff
28-05-2013, 01:55 PM
We have persevered and put the thing away before I hit it with a hammer. Note to self don't be delusional about what I can and cant do :laughing::laughing::laughing:

i so understand where you are coming from, I think my mouth nearly hit the floor the first time he told me I should persevere with something lol.

dont blame you for putting it away if you feel like that, there is always another time, maybe ten years from now lol x

MessybutHappy
28-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Grey here, but I'm smiling at Angel's original post about the pouTing weather! Love the idea that the weather can sulk too!!:laughing:

kellyskidz!
28-05-2013, 05:09 PM
we woke to rain and i thought 'oh no, another rainy school holidays', but by the time all mindees had arrived, and DS had gone off to his friends, the rain had stopped and so we went for a walk to check the tadpoles in the pond ... still no frogs, just fat tadpoles! LO have played outside, had lunch and are now sleeping. DD is 'creating' in her bedroom and i daren't go and look ... i couldn't see the floor for playmobil & sylvanians BEFORE she went up :panic::D

its overcast and feels muggy and i have no omph to do anything at all when everyone wakes up! although i have found and printed some tadpole/frog pictures to colour/whatever!

Sounds like my day which has also been very 'Tadpoley' Tadpole pictures, games and nearly an hour just sat watching them swim! They freak me out but the kids love them!

The Juggler
28-05-2013, 06:18 PM
horrible here too. we walked to library in the rain. then to shop in the rain to buy ingredients for baking. walked home in the rain.

However, we made some lovely carrot cakes and went to visit a friend in the car later on so was nice and chilled :thumbsup:

maisiemog
28-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Miserable and wet here to! We ha a trip to the cathedral. They made a list if things they thought they might see and we had to tick them all off while we were out! They managed it! Then went to greggs, got a cake each and came home for lunch and the cakes. This afternoon they built a den under the dining table and they'd worked so hard on it I didn't have the heart to take it apart. I let them eat their tea under there. As soon as DH came home he made DD take it apart. Spoil sport!