PDA

View Full Version : Crb check worries

Aliwali7773
26-05-2013, 05:50 AM
I'm considering becoming childminder, I think it would be perfect for me as i have a 4 yr old.
But I have 2 police cautions, both for shoplifting, both 22 years ago when I was 17/18 years old. I'm devastated and embarrassed by these obviously. And I have never been in any trouble since.
Will this stop me becoming a childminder if I try.

bunyip
26-05-2013, 09:57 AM
I'm considering becoming childminder, I think it would be perfect for me as i have a 4 yr old.
But I have 2 police cautions, both for shoplifting, both 22 years ago when I was 17/18 years old. I'm devastated and embarrassed by these obviously. And I have never been in any trouble since.
Will this stop me becoming a childminder if I try.

i don't know. IIWY, I'd call Ofsted and ask them directly. Just say you want to know if it will automatically exclude you cos you'd like to avoid going through the time and expense of all the courses and preparatory work if it's going to mean your application will definitely fail.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

bindy
26-05-2013, 12:32 PM
No this will not, but check anyway. Fosterchild was done for the same thing when she was 14, five years ago now, she was able to do the level 3 childcare and work in a nursery, even after it came up on her police check. If it was for fighting,that would have be a different matter. Good luck!

blue bear
26-05-2013, 05:47 PM
You will be fine, they sometimes come out and talk to you when things come up on your crb but only to check how it affects you minding, I can't see shop lifting being a problem at all, there have been posts in the pasts talking about partners with criminal records for a variety of things and unless it's violence or child related most things are not a problem.

Not that I'm an expert or anything. The only people who can really tell you is ofsted.