PDA

View Full Version : How do you get rid of limescale?

Maza
24-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi all,

We have a bag problem with limescale here. Just wondered if someone could reccomend a product that gets rid of it. A few people have suggested 'viacol', but you can't use it on natural materials - our shower wall is made of natural stone and so I'm afraid to use it on there. It works wonders on the shower door though. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. x

charlottenash
24-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Vinegar. Buy loads of the cheap one at the supermarket and splash it all on.

christine e
24-05-2013, 11:41 AM
White distilled vinegar is great for limescale -if you get it around your taps you can soak kitchen towel with it and then wrap around the tap - leave for at least 20 mins and it all comes away

Koala
24-05-2013, 11:47 AM
White vinegar - it's great for allsorts of cleaning, glass, granite, stone, slate, cleans beautifully, stinks though, but it will evaporate without a trace.

christine e
24-05-2013, 11:58 AM
White vinegar - it's great for allsorts of cleaning, glass, granite, stone, slate, cleans beautifully, stinks though, but it will evaporate without a trace.

Yep makes house smell like a chip shop:laughing:

blue bear
24-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Lemons are also good I shove them on the end of the taps.

maisiemog
24-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Nicer smelling but takes longer is lemon juice! My house smells like a chip shop at the moment as vinegar is the best thing for my hallway floor. It's the original Victorian tiling! I use vinegar on everything! Windows, baths, toilet, weeds! God job I don't mind the smell of it!!!!

Maza
24-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Vinegar it is then! I love the smell of chip shops - gotta be one of my all time favoutites!

By the way, I obviously meant 'bad' problem, not 'bag' problem! :)