PDA

View Full Version : Which first aid course?

Willowdancer
05-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Hi all

Which first aid course did you do, and how did you find out about it?

I am hoping to submit my registration forms next week (need to finish Ofsted-proofing the house first) and I know I need to get myself on a paediatric first aid course pretty soonish.

Can anybody recommend one? I'm in Wiltshire if that helps.

Edited to add: I've checked Wiltshire College's website and their new prospectus isn't online yet. :panic:

Thanks!

Ali

sarah707
05-07-2008, 08:35 PM
You should ask your local information services ... the course you need is paediatric first aid and they will have a training directory listing the courses through the year near to you.

In some areas the first aid course is linked in with the pre-reg course, so you'll find out more then :D

brillminder
05-07-2008, 09:25 PM
i just did the most convient date , but not your area any way :)

Willowdancer
05-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the help guys.

Had a look around online and found 2 places left on the St Johns Ambulance Early Years first aid course near me, so have booked a place on it.

Its more expensive than I remember the college one being, but its Ofsted approved and a weekend course so gets it all over and done with in 2 days. Plus I don't have to travel that far to do it (4 miles), whereas I'd have to go about 20-30 miles away for the college one. Worth the extra I think!

Doesn't start until the beginning of October though, which is around the time I reckon my registration will be completed but at least I'll be able to show an Ofsted inspector my booking forms if nothing else.

Edited to add: I've already done the pre-reg course and they weren't very helpful on the subject of first aid courses, other than to say you needed to do one within 6 months of being registered :huh: