PDA

View Full Version : Having a task 3 panic

Petshrinklj
23-05-2013, 02:10 PM
I haven't done task 2 yet but was nosing ahead and for task 3 the assessment is by a discussion with my assessor. Oh my :panic: That means oral exam right? Argh! It takes me back to my French exam over 20 years ago and fills me with dread. Written assignments I'm fine with but get me to speak and I loose my ability to make sense.

Any past cypop5 students care to share your experiences of this task. I'm dreading it.

moggy
23-05-2013, 04:48 PM
I haven't done task 2 yet but was nosing ahead and for task 3 the assessment is by a discussion with my assessor. Oh my :panic: That means oral exam right? Argh! It takes me back to my French exam over 20 years ago and fills me with dread. Written assignments I'm fine with but get me to speak and I loose my ability to make sense.

Any past cypop5 students care to share your experiences of this task. I'm dreading it.

Don't worry, it is just a chat, you can make notes to prepare if you want.

angcare
23-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Really nothing to worry about. It is just a chat. Have some bullet point and chat away. Anything you miss out your assessor will prompt you for more information. Have a cuppa with them and you can always pause and have a long sip when trying to gather your thoughts. Good luck

Petshrinklj
07-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Thank you. I will email my assessor this weekend and hopefully will complete the task soon. I will much better once that's done.

Emra81
07-06-2013, 06:18 PM
I've got mine booked in for Sunday morning so I'll let you know. Infact, you're doing the pacey online course aren't you? It's probably the same assessor!

When I messaged her to arrange a time she said it would only be a brief chat, I won't need to go into massive detail and the whole thing will be less than 15 mins.

I've read around the topic and written it up like I did for the first task, as if I was going to submit it, so I feel as prepared as I can. Fingers crossed my assessor agrees!

Petshrinklj
08-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Thanks Hun. Good luck. I'm booked in for next Friday evening. Eek.
Ive made brief notes on data protection act, what ico is, when confidentiality can be breached. how to store data securely. Not enough to chat for 15mins though lol.

Petshrinklj
14-06-2013, 06:56 PM
I passed task 3. Phew. What a relief. Thank you for all your help

Stapleton83
14-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Well done - see you worried about it for no reason it is always the same.

Sam x

Emra81
14-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Well done petshrinklj!

Petshrinklj
16-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Thank you :)