PDA

View Full Version : crbs on way back how long to visit and food inspection???

Karen1
22-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Finally after 6 weeks wait, my crbs are in the post. hope there is no other hold up there.
have all my other docs in.
how long now do you think they will take to call and make a visit?
how much notice do they give?

really nervous now.

also I am planning on doing lunches and the odd main meal, do i need to get registered with teh FSA, Should i register now, with them and anyone now what theri inspection is like?

tia

adedwards68
22-05-2013, 10:47 AM
I was told by ofsted, once they have everything back they pass it to whoever does the inspections in your area (mines tribal) and then that company have 4 weeks to contact you to make an appt, visit you and send their report back to ofsted

benandjerrys
22-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Ooh so excited for you! Not long now...Iv got a medical next week and hopefully pre reg should follow soon after...excited and nervous at the same time!

sarah707
23-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Don't worry about food hygiene registration yet - get everything else in place first :D

sing-low
23-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Don't worry about food hygiene registration yet - get everything else in place first :D

I agree, food hygiene is last on the list but I was surprised to find that you have to register 28 days before you plan to open a food business. I thought it would be quicker than that.

I just had my food inspection today. It went fine. I got a 5 (so pleased :)). I'd gone through the Safer Food, Better Business for Childminder's pack and had a few questions which the inspector answered. One tip from him is to write down in the diary a the back of the pack about what changes you've made that are good, not just when things go wrong. Eg. I've started to wash my tea towels and cloths at 95C in the washing machine to kill all the nasty bugs.

benandjerrys
23-05-2013, 09:21 PM
I agree, food hygiene is last on the list but I was surprised to find that you have to register 28 days before you plan to open a food business. I thought it would be quicker than that.

I just had my food inspection today. It went fine. I got a 5 (so pleased :)). I'd gone through the Safer Food, Better Business for Childminder's pack and had a few questions which the inspector answered. One tip from him is to write down in the diary a the back of the pack about what changes you've made that are good, not just when things go wrong. Eg. I've started to wash my tea towels and cloths at 95C in the washing machine to kill all the nasty bugs.

Do you mean we cant start minding AND provide food till we have been registered with environmental health for 28 days? and if so can we register as a food business before we register with Ofsted?

Karen1
24-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Hi

The way I understand it is if you are going to make and provide food then you need to register with the food people.

If you are just doing snacks and squash then you don't.

I'm planning on providing home cooked evening meal, plus I like to cook so am planning to do activities around that so need to register.i think that's right.

If I am wrong then please put me right?!

I know it's another stress to worry about. I think I am on top of it all,but then another lot f red tape gets in way.

Thanks for the other tips for the inspection,will have a look at the diary. Do you have separate chopping boards and other stuff?

Hath. K

Karen1
24-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Am pretty annoyed now. 6 weeks wait for crbs. Today they came in post. Rang ofsted to check all ok and if visit likely soon to be told social services checks still not come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is going on?
I thought that was all part of crb. Really getting fed up with this whole process now. How many more checks and hoops to jump through!

Application in feb
Health declaration 4 weeks wait
Crb 6weeks wait
Social services ?
Visit wait?
Certificate wait?

Fed up with waiting.........

Moan over.

adedwards68
24-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Hi

I'm in a similar situation. I sent my forms off in feb, got all my references done, thought it would save time. Had to keep phoning ofsted to chase one of the dbs, now have had to apply for a waive on one of them, although this had been done previously when I was registered before and they know about it but no it has to go all through the system again. I had hoped I'd be registered by now. It's annoying as I did my first aid back in feb and in theory are losing months on it

sing-low
31-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Do you mean we cant start minding AND provide food till we have been registered with environmental health for 28 days? and if so can we register as a food business before we register with Ofsted?

That's what it said on the food standards agency website here:
Food Standards Agency - Starting a food business (http://www.food.gov.uk/business-industry/caterers/startingup/#.Uaj8KpUvSao)

I don't know if you can register before you register with OFSTED.

sing-low
31-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Hi

The way I understand it is if you are going to make and provide food then you need to register with the food people.

If you are just doing snacks and squash then you don't.

I'm planning on providing home cooked evening meal, plus I like to cook so am planning to do activities around that so need to register.i think that's right.

If I am wrong then please put me right?!

I know it's another stress to worry about. I think I am on top of it all,but then another lot f red tape gets in way.

Thanks for the other tips for the inspection,will have a look at the diary. Do you have separate chopping boards and other stuff?

Hath. K

Yes, you will need to register. There's an online form to fill in which is then sent to your local council.

I do have separate chopping boards but only because I happen to have lots. I've been meaning to post full details about my inspection but haven't had the energy yet :(

Karen1
02-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Thanks for that. I have done the online form,but wondered what they expected you to have etc.

sing-low
02-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Thanks for that. I have done the online form,but wondered what they expected you to have etc.

I think it varies from council to council. Lots of my inspection was also giving advice about what to do - I had loads of questions. As far as I understand it, you don't have to have separate chopping boards as long as you make sure that you clean them properly between different usage - e.g. raw and ready-to-eat food. It definitely makes life easier, though.