PDA

View Full Version : Restarting childminding after a years break!

gremlin
22-05-2013, 06:06 AM
Hi,

Just wanting some advice please :)

I'm starting up childminding again after 12 months off and just wondered if anything has changed? I have my risk assessment and policies and procedures which I have just reviewed.

Anything else needed, has anything else changed?

adedwards68
22-05-2013, 06:16 AM
Did u cx you registering before or just put it on hold?

Rick
22-05-2013, 06:26 AM
Hi,

I'm starting up childminding again after 12 months off and just wondered if anything has changed? I have my risk assessment and policies and procedures which I have just reviewed.

Yes the EYFS has changed! Have a look at the new document. The main difference you will notice is 7 areas of development not 6.

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/Resources/EYFS%20Statutory%20Framework%202012.pdf

And here is development matters

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/Resources/Development-Matters-in-the-Early-Years-Foundation-Stage.pdf

angeldelight
22-05-2013, 06:54 AM
Hi,

It's surprising the difference a year can make

I was lucky when I had a break years ago nothing had changed

Good luck with starting up again

Angel xxx

gremlin
22-05-2013, 08:01 AM
I didn't cancel it luckily so I still have my registration. :)

Just need to some new business then.

Thanks.

phoenix2010
22-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Well the EYFS changed in September

and we now need to do 2 year old assessements

We need an evacuation procedure ? Thats what I heard anyway and have one now

certificates no longer have details on them and just refer you to OFSTED requirement , which of course you still have to abide by

Talk of ratios changing , but not yet and many LAs are changing the requirements for offering funded places ,although the government may decide that these will soon be stopped and anyone with a good or better grade can offer all funded places

Oh and agencies creeping into the picture

lots and lots and lots of changes but the best way to keep up is to check in here regularly

good luck starting up again , I did the same thing after a 2 year break to return to education

gremlin
24-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Thanks for all your advice it's much appreciated! :)