PDA

View Full Version : Document Checklist

TraFerd
20-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Hi everyone, it looks like I'll be having my pre-reg visit quite soon and I wondered if there is a list of documents I need to have ready on the day? I've done all of my policies and procedures and parent permission forms but I don't really know what I'm expected to have.

JoFin
20-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Hi, I've just had mine this afternoon :-) I didn't have a list of documents and she didn't appear to expect more than the P & P and parent permission slips I just did as much as I could!

When she asked about my paperwork I told her all the policies and procedures I had (I'd got more than just the ones they say you need for your pre-reg), parent permission forms, I also explained I had the All about me, complaints form, accident record form, I also had things like planning around a theme, record of observations, complaint form - you don't need all these, she was surprised but if you can talk about how you will record things they will be more than happy.

I was really fretting over it but she was a lovely lady and I felt like it was more of an informal chat. Fill out your pre-reg booklet but by no means expect her to ask them as they are. First of all she asked a bit about myself and family, and then asked how I felt about getting children involved with activities - I didn't know I could talk so much it just seemed to flow, I did cross reference activities so if for example if you are talking about playing with building blocks say you can link it with maths, communication and language, physical development etc.

I don't like scenarios where I am asked questions I go to jelly and I come out with all sorts of rubbish but not today! Be yourself and talk about what you know, don't be afraid to ask them questions. I have to say thanks to everyone on this site and Sarah's e-books are fab. Good luck. Jo:)

benandjerrys
20-05-2013, 03:40 PM
First aid, food safety, safeguarding and cypop certificates. crbs and driving license... all I can think of right now, mines coming up soon too.

TraFerd
20-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Thank you, good luck for your visit! Do you think we need all put paperwork set up e.g. Policies, risk assessments, planning templates etc?

benandjerrys
20-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Thank you, good luck for your visit! Do you think we need all put paperwork set up e.g. Policies, risk assessments, planning templates etc?

I don't know whether I will have any planning templates ready for them to see. Im just going to have p&p and the certs. I feel I need to get to grips better with planning etc Every minute I get I am reading and googling haha I seem to be breathing childminding at the moment and I think its only going to get worse :laughing:

covgalxxx
20-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Omg I'm breathing childminding too.every time I think I'm ok something new pops in my head, I read this everyday, , I'm getting my son to make me a leaflet for parents as I'm crap on computer, and he doing all that for college so helps him too. I have my polices and risk assessment, and done my portfolio, I have done them all twice as wasn't happy the 1st time,I have wrote a list of thinks I need or to do round house, as my baby is 5 months most of these thinks like locks,stair gates are a must any way, haven't heard from my doctors so going to have to chase them up, for the health declaration form its been a week, I did all my forms online so don't know how long it will be for me... My door have got posters of the eyfs to help me drill it in my head... Other from that I think that's it.... Good luck girls x