PDA

View Full Version : Expenses?

sing-low
19-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Hi,

I'm just putting my start up costs into my accounts (trying to stay on top of it all) and I have a couple of questions about allowable expenses if anyone can help?

Text book for CYPOP5 course?
Food cover I bought for fruit bowl for food hygiene (as per Safer Food, Better Business for Childminders)?
Towels for the kitchen (also bought for food hygiene purposes so I have enough for a clean one everyday)?

Also, how do you separate out items for capital allowances in accounts? Do they not go through the weekly sheets (I have PACEY accounts book)? Or is that personal preference?

shortstuff
20-05-2013, 06:28 AM
Hi,

I'm just putting my start up costs into my accounts (trying to stay on top of it all) and I have a couple of questions about allowable expenses if anyone can help?

Text book for CYPOP5 course?
Food cover I bought for fruit bowl for food hygiene (as per Safer Food, Better Business for Childminders)?
Towels for the kitchen (also bought for food hygiene purposes so I have enough for a clean one everyday)?

Also, how do you separate out items for capital allowances in accounts? Do they not go through the weekly sheets (I have PACEY accounts book)? Or is that personal preference?

im sorry but i dont know the answers, im sure someone will be along today for you x

Tazmin68
20-05-2013, 07:00 AM
Yes put all of those items through your books.

I just put through my big items throughout accounts as normal and so far have not high enough to pay tax anyway so not needed to seperate capital items

Chatterbox Childcare
20-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Yes to everything

If you are buying Capital Allowance items just put them in misc or highlight them in the toys and equipment column

sing-low
20-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Yes put all of those items through your books.

I just put through my big items throughout accounts as normal and so far have not high enough to pay tax anyway so not needed to seperate capital items

Thanks, that's really helpful.

LollyLolita
05-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Hi, did you get an answer to your question? I'm just trying to work out where in the Pacey accounts book to put the start up costs.

Many thanks

Laura