PDA

View Full Version : pre reg visit on thursday!!

kaytay26
18-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Hi
Im new to this site but have been on to see peoples posts and it has really helped me alot!
I have my pre reg visit on thursday and am really nervous!!! what are they going to ask? what if i dont know the answer to something she asks me? will my home be suitable enough?
just cant wait for it to be over!!! :panic:

Rick
18-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Calm down you will be fine. I wrote on this thread earlier which may be of help.

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/starting-childminding-pre-registration-visits/118993-visit.html

Ofsted are not there to trip you up. Just work through the questions and try and know them well :D

lubeam
18-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Work through the booklet , do your risk assessments and you'll be fine :) good luck :)

Stapleton83
18-05-2013, 09:31 PM
And breathe, the pre-reg visit is nothing like as scary as you expect it to be so try not to worry I found that the answers to the questions they asked were in the booklet which I had filled in.

Good luck.

Sam x

kaytay26
23-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Thank goodness it's over, the lady was really nice, grilled me on the eyfs and the development matters, she didn't really look much at my paperwork I just had to explain my risk assessments to her and show her I knew how to use the pacey paperwork. I would advise anyone going through pre-registration to really show that you know your stuff on all of the 7 areas of learning and how you will put them into practice.
I should get my certificate in the next week!! Can't wait to start!!

lubeam
24-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Well done :)

oxfordshirecm
24-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Woohoo well done :)