PDA

View Full Version : Funding for level 3 course

Jexer72
18-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Hi guys - I am about to sign up for my level 3 diploma course which is £500. I really can't afford this but I want to do the course so badly. I've been told there is a possibility of funding but I have no idea where to go and who to ask. Any ideas? I live in Somerset.

Rick
18-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Hi guys - I am about to sign up for my level 3 diploma course which is £500. I really can't afford this but I want to do the course so badly. I've been told there is a possibility of funding but I have no idea where to go and who to ask. Any ideas? I live in Somerset.

I got partial funding for my course from my LA so contact them in the first instance. I'm about to start mine through the Childcare Company. It explains on the website other ways you could obtain funding depending on your age etc. :thumbsup:

TraceyC
18-05-2013, 11:05 AM
I started mine in March through my local authority - West Oxfordshire and it was partly funded. I had to pay about £200, I hope it's going to be worth it - I'm find it quite hard going

Jexer72
18-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Thank you ladies. I will call my Local Authority on Monday :) I am a bit worried about the amount of work involved and how on earth I'm going to find the time to do it but I have to do this so I'll need to find the time. :laughing:

Rick
18-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Thank you ladies. I will call my Local Authority on Monday :) I am a bit worried about the amount of work involved and how on earth I'm going to find the time to do it but I have to do this so I'll need to find the time. :laughing:

A lady? ......ooooo eeeeeer missus! :laughing:

Stapleton83
18-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Try not to panic about the amount of work I am sure you will be fine I found a lot of my existing paperwork helped plus the book that was recommended by my course providers.

If you can't wait until Monday try logging onto the local authority website to see if there is anything there about it, alternatively speak to your DO if you still have one!

Sam x