PDA

View Full Version : Should I have my own little one at 1st meeting with a new parent?

Taz74
17-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie and have my 1st ever parent coming on Tuesday for her initial visit with her 2 year old daughter. My own son is also 2 and is generally really well behaved but has 'moments of maddness' where he rocks against the sofa or chair banging the back of his head. It can look a little unsettling if you see it for the 1st time!:eek: This usually happens if he can't have his own way or a signal to say he's tired.

Do you think it be better to meet mum and daughter without him ( a friend has said she'd take him for a walk ) or do you think he should be there from the start?

Any advice would be really helpful. I just don't want to scare the mum off.

Taz

shortstuff
18-05-2013, 06:24 AM
My oh takes ds out n come back part way through. It seems to work for me. The family get to meet you and see your setting. Then they meet oh n ds too. Hth

supermumy
18-05-2013, 06:26 AM
I have my 4 kids there And mindees usually can be a little mad at times but that's what ten parents want to see ur working setting than if we take in job we do a quite day for contracts and form filling

Taz74
19-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Thank you all so much for your advice. Have decided to keep him at home as it may look a bit odd that he isn't there (lots to explain on that one). Also I guess it'll give her a better idea of how I deal with him. Fingers crossed he'll be as good as gold!

supermumy
20-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Thank you all so much for your advice. Have decided to keep him at home as it may look a bit odd that he isn't there (lots to explain on that one). Also I guess it'll give her a better idea of how I deal with him. Fingers crossed he'll be as good as gold!

Sent an activity that he likes I do before the lady comes or have snack time :)