PDA

View Full Version : Changing from all year round contract to TTO contract

ninagee
17-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi

Your suggestions please as I am dithering!!

Parent has requested to change to TTO contract from middle of June 2013 for her two children. Her university schedule for her last year is term time placements (September 13 to July 14). I have a slightly higher hourly rate for TTO, so do I charge her:

from June OR from September?
work out June/July fees in the TTO rate and split it over the last 3 months of the school year (June/July/August)?

I have never had a TTO contract before. I have read on the forum on how to work it out but its the change near the end of the school year that has me dithering!

Nina :confused:

Mrs Pootle
17-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Does she require care over the summer hols? If not, change to TTO (no care during hols) but get her to pay up front for September so that you are not holding a space open with no guarantee she will use you in Sept.

I only do TTO, and my parents pay monthly for the hours/days they use. It does mean that some months I get paid less because there is a school hol, and in August I don't get any pay because of holidays, but I prefer this way rather than working out an annual amount and dividing by 12 months. The danger with that method of calculation is that the family leave part way through the school year and you could end up having to give some money back. :)

CLL
17-05-2013, 02:09 PM
If it was me I would say her new terms will not come into effect till the end of the term. I.e. mid July as until then you are just carrying on as normal. I would personally charge my usual rate until end of the term (as it will only be 4 weeks anyway) and then charge higher rate from September. Then think about the holiday charge! I know you would be loosing out on the 6 weeks holiday pay for this year so you have to decide if you would be able to accommodate the loss. If not work out he much she should have paid you over the holidays and then see if you can both come to an arrangement for what she could pay in terms of a retainer for this year.