PDA

View Full Version : Household products: soaps, toilet roll etc

MrsP2C
15-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Can someone explain how I apportion use of things like cleaning products (antibac spray, bleach, washing up liquid etc), toilet roll, kitchen roll, wet wipes and so on.
I'm using significantly since I started cming so assume i can claim something but have no idea how to quantify this for my accounts.

hectors house
15-05-2013, 08:50 PM
I put through about 50% of consummables, don't forget cling film if you prepare children's meals - I seem to get through vast quantities of the stuff. I was just wondering about also claiming 50% for all the light bulbs we seem to get through - anyone else do this.

I claim 50% for toilet rolls, kitchen rolls, bleach, flash, anti bac, polish, dish cloths, washing up liquid (I handwash kids plastic bowls, cups, plates, cutlery, bibs), cling film, oven cleaner, carpet cleaner spray, polish

100% of wet wipes as these only get used for children

I put all kids towels & bedding in with my washing so just claim for a big box of washing powder a year

What else can we claim for?

MrsP2C
16-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Thanks - already put wet wipes, baby snacks etc through but had totally forgotten about cleaning stuff, loo rolls etc until my DH moaned about our extortionate shopping bill! 50% would be great but does sounds quite a lot as some weeks I'm only working 35hours - presumably need to apportion (bit like utilities).

Chatterbox Childcare
17-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Apportion it the same way you do your food

hectors house
17-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Thanks - already put wet wipes, baby snacks etc through but had totally forgotten about cleaning stuff, loo rolls etc until my DH moaned about our extortionate shopping bill! 50% would be great but does sounds quite a lot as some weeks I'm only working 35hours - presumably need to apportion (bit like utilities).

I clean Monday - Friday in the morning before mindees arrive - use bleach, polish, window cleaner (on inside of patio windows), flash, anti bac etc etc - I don't clean at weekends unless we have visitors coming or I want to do a more thorough Spring clean where I may use lime scale remover and oven cleaner - if I was out at work all week I would probably only have to do all of these jobs just once, so I think that 50% is probably an under estimation.

Also 50% of loo rolls obviously you need to take into account how many children are toilet trained and some children feel compelled to use quarter of a roll for each poo! My daughter is at college or at work, my husband is at work long hours, 6 days a week - so I am convinced that mindees use most of our loo rolls :D

Chatterbox Childcare
18-05-2013, 11:53 AM
I clean Monday - Friday in the morning before mindees arrive - use bleach, polish, window cleaner (on inside of patio windows), flash, anti bac etc etc - I don't clean at weekends unless we have visitors coming or I want to do a more thorough Spring clean where I may use lime scale remover and oven cleaner - if I was out at work all week I would probably only have to do all of these jobs just once, so I think that 50% is probably an under estimation.

Also 50% of loo rolls obviously you need to take into account how many children are toilet trained and some children feel compelled to use quarter of a roll for each poo! My daughter is at college or at work, my husband is at work long hours, 6 days a week - so I am convinced that mindees use most of our loo rolls :D

I think they eat them, screw them up and chuck them down the loo, even if they are unused :)

Samijanec
30-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Just read this, some great help. Thank you guys.