PDA

View Full Version : Working tax credit????

littleDs31
15-05-2013, 02:52 PM
My income from childminding at present is really low and shows no sign of improving as business is really slow (I have 1full time and 1 school pick up on my books) :(
I left a full time job to start this business and financially it's starting to show :(
Am I able to claim working tax credit alongside cm income? Does anyone else do this? Don't really want to give up minding after just gettin to grips with it all :(

catlyn
15-05-2013, 02:57 PM
yes you can...I did for my first year of trading...all they need is an estimate of what you think you will earn over the year then they pay you accordingly........at the end of the year you ring them up and give actual figures and they adjust your payment ( I got an extra £700!!!)

phoenix2010
15-05-2013, 02:58 PM
yes of course you can

it will depend on what your partner earns

I get about £500 per month

Becci26
15-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Yes you can, get on that phone and get an application form! :)

I have just phoned them today actually as we are going to have to start claiming over the next couple of weeks - DH is being made redundant, and I'm only working part time at the mo.

The only thing I would say is over estimate how much you will earn as if u under estimate it u may have to pay money back at the end of the tax year. This happened to me when I claimed before about 7 years ago and trying to find the money was pretty stressful!

jillplum
15-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Yes of course you can claim. I have claimed for years as I am a single parent so mine is the only income. Good luck.