PDA

View Full Version : Help had the call

LittleRhino
14-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Well had the call this morning that my first inspection in Monday (or Tuesday) but Monday next week. I have 1 mindee at 9 months old and my own 3 year old son. I am so nervouse. Any advise welcome I.e what I definatly should have, be doing ect. Monday is a hard day for me as it has been our get back into routine day after the weekend and is normally quite higgly piggly (my mindee seams to get out of routine so easly). I want to do well and obviously want the best I cam get as its there for 3 years but I am so nervouse I think I might miss something or clam up so any advise would be great Thanksx

kellyskidz!
14-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Ooh it's a nerve wracking time isn't it! All I can say to you is keep calm, if you don't know anything she asks you just be honest and say I'm really sorry I'm not sure but I want to know more about it, how can I find out? Don't worry about the children having a paddy, playing up etc she'll have seen it all before and worse and the kids will pick up on your tension and play up all the more. Have your day planned as much as possible but don't stick to it too rigidly. I had lunch planned and 3 activities, in case the first 2 didn't go down well or only lasted 5 mins. Also plan something easy foodwise, you don't want to be cooking a roast on top of all the other stress!
Get them outside while she's there too as my inspector really focused on that (don't know if they will all be the same) and remember to ask her to sign in, I almost forgot! Good luck and let us know how it goes xx

Little miss
14-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Good luck! When did you register - trying to work out the time frame from reg to inspection

LittleRhino
14-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Hi thanks for the commemts, its is very nerve racking and my mindee has only been here 5 weeks so just got use to each other and into a routine really, just hope I can feel up to date with paperwork that I want to have !!I was registered on 27th November '12 so about 6 months but its the only and first call I have had. It was my inspector to ask if I had a mindee when I have them and if morning or afternoon was better. When I said I did and my mindee was full time she said I will come next week, I didn't expect that as was told I would be called to find out if I was minding then be contacted at a later date by the inspector when I had my pre reg visit. Oh well here goes. x

Mia73
14-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Good luck, just prepare yourself very well and do your SEF, which helped me a lot. I had my inspection last week after bank holiday and my little boys had been on holiday too,so It was quite funny to get them back and have inspection straight away. When Mrs O called me she said she wants to see children's development notes/forms, so just put everything ready for her and she will ask extra questions if needed. You will be great!

starschildmind
04-06-2013, 07:47 PM
How did you get on?

I have mine on thursday. Im so nervous :-( xx

LittleRhino
05-06-2013, 06:06 AM
Hi I ended up with Satisfactory this was mainly as I have had my mindee for 5 weeks and had not filled out all of my sef, even though I did make some notes I didnt fully fill in the management section and got told that put me to satisfactory before we even started. All so she asked me really off some of the EYFS I.e if I said .......where would it be found, what section, subsection and age?? as I couldn't reall it off my head I have had an action to understand the EYFS more which felt a bit unfair but hay ho. All I can say is it is scary but just do what you normally do, have your paperwork out ready and make sure you sef is filled in as this seams to be more important that anything else good luck and ket us know how you get on xx

Rick
05-06-2013, 06:13 AM
Hi I ended up with Satisfactory this was mainly as I have had my mindee for 5 weeks and had not filled out all of my sef, even though I did make some notes I didnt fully fill in the management section and got told that put me to satisfactory before we even started. All so she asked me really off some of the EYFS I.e if I said .......where would it be found, what section, subsection and age?? as I couldn't reall it off my head I have had an action to understand the EYFS more which felt a bit unfair but hay ho. All I can say is it is scary but just do what you normally do, have your paperwork out ready and make sure you sef is filled in as this seams to be more important that anything else good luck and ket us know how you get on xx

It's not actually a requirement to fill out your SEF so the inspector should have perhaps worded it differently. You only need to show evidence.

Well done. Satisfactory still means you are doing what you should be. Seems unfair that you are marked down for having had mindee for five weeks.....not your fault! Parents won't care about grade, only that you do a good job with their children :thumbsup:

LittleRhino
05-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Thanks Rick my parents are really happy and when I told them what had happened on the day they said they were not bothered its only paperwork and they are just happy she is well looked after and seams really happy so thats all that matters to me x

Ballette
05-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Well done on your inspection. As Rick says, satisfactory means you're doing all that's expected of you :clapping::clapping:

starschildmind
06-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Awww well at least it wasnt inadiquate :-D well done tho. Its quite stressfull. You should have argued the EYFS stuff. You shouldnt have to know it be heart thats why you work from a copy.

i got a good with outstanding outcomes... im happy. Worked really hard for it. Its near impossible to get outstanding now. Ive onlu been working 3 months so i didnt quite have enough. The bar is realllly high now!!

Well done and keep going xx

LittleRhino
07-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Well done on your inspection you must have worked hard on the paperwork.

Yes it wasn't inadequate and was no
where near. As long as the children in my care are well cared for, are developing at the right stage, are happy and the parents are happy with it all I dont care if I get satisfactory, good or outstanding. All the labeling puts people into categories and sometimes I agree but alot I don't if your great with the kids that should be it not everyone is brill with paperwork and thats what alot of it is. It also makes people think they are better than others when in some situations they are better at graphs and computersamd no better with the kids at all. x

angeldelight
07-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Thanks Rick my parents are really happy and when I told them what had happened on the day they said they were not bothered its only paperwork and they are just happy she is well looked after and seams really happy so thats all that matters to me x

Well done to you

Angel xxx