PDA

View Full Version : Acredited or not??

lor
12-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Hi there,
sorry I keep asking the same question (so confused:blush) do I need to be accredited my LA before I can receive funding for 3/4 yr olds?

I was sure there was a post on here saying as from Sept you have to be graded good /outstanding to give the 15 hrs-no longer accredited
but saw my Do last week and she says different and has left me with a tick list and report to fill in:(

Dont know what to do, if I have to complete report I will, a couple of parents are sort of banking on it but if its not necessary I would be wasting my
time -which like everyone in this job will understand there are already not enough hours in the day!

Thanks for taking time to look/answer xx

FussyElmo
12-05-2013, 08:19 PM
As it stands at the minute you have to follow your la guidelines.

The dfe wants the restrictions removing as of sept but some las are being stubborn check out threads in campaigns and petitions :thumbsup:

blue bear
12-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Have you read more great childcare ?

One of the proposals is to let all childminders who have good or outstanding to be able to provide 3 and 4 year old funded sessions. It is only a proposal at the moment and not definite so local authorities cannot advice on it as no one knows if it's going to go through or parts of it.

So yes at the moment the local authority can set there own set of rules, including hoops, training, checklists etc.