PDA

View Full Version : Clothes for DS

clareelizabeth1
10-05-2013, 10:17 AM
My DS yet again has out grown all his clothes they all fitted three days ago. He will be moving on to the 6-9month size.

Where is the best place to get clothes for him. Every one I know has had girls so hand me downs arnt an option. Don't want to spend a lot as he will need a new wardrobe in 3 more months.

Thanks in advance.

greanan
10-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Asda stuff is normally pretty good as is next

sarah707
10-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Check your local buy - sell for clothing bundles.

Is there an active NCT group in your area? They often have sales.

Car boot sales often have bargains especially vests and babygrows - at that age they are hardly going to be dirty or worn out are they?

Hth :D

clareelizabeth1
10-05-2013, 10:32 AM
I did go round all my local charity shops all 20 of them I was able to get one babygrow

skatie
10-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Have you tried your local Facebook swapit/sell it group?

TNT
10-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Have you looked on gumtree? You can get big bundles of clothes fairly cheaply if you dont mind second hand. I also use ebay.

Stapleton83
10-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Try the local paper people often advertise bundles in there or Ebay might be worth a look.

Good luck.

Sam x

Angela234
10-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Asda , Sainsbury and Tesco offer good value prices

Petshrinklj
10-05-2013, 03:31 PM
My kids get there clothes from supermarkets, ebay and carboots.

loocyloo
10-05-2013, 05:09 PM
i am going to second NCT sales. there are usually sales each month in most areas, although you may have to travel depending upon which area you are in. Nearly New Sales | NCT (http://www.nct.org.uk/branches/events/nearly-new-sales)

my children had alot of their clothes from these when they were little. ( Dd then made me take her to one when she wanted to buy REAL baby clothes for her doll ( better quality and so much cheaper )
nct sales are also good for selling things on!

i have also bought ( and sold ) travel cots, buggies, bedding, toys, books ... you name it, its usually there!

other than that i like asda/tesco/sainsbury. i have also seen bundles of clothes for sale ( and wanted ) on netmums.

good luck xxx

Maza
11-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Supermarkets are great. Primark does some cute baby clothes too. Gap sales are great - a bit expensive at full price but if you sign up to receive their newsletters they will email you everytime they have a sale. I've got some great bargains from there. If you can afford to, buy clothes which are to big for him now but are on sale so that you are building up his future wardrobe. I do the same with January sales too - I usually buy next years winter coats in the January sales. x

clareelizabeth1
11-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Good idea on the winter coat. He doesn't have one at the mo as weather is either good or he's in blankets in buggy