PDA

View Full Version : Pacey personalised badge

itsybitsyteeny
08-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Just seen this for sale in the members area. I have only just been registered as a childminder and wondered if I would wear one.. Anyone else wear a badge on a day to day basis and for what purpose? Thanks

loocyloo
08-05-2013, 02:02 PM
i wear one ... although mine is the NCMA one! it says NCMA, my name 'registered childminder' and OFSTED.

i like it ... to me it is my 'uniform' and shows everyone we meet i am working. i am often out and about and people often stare at my badge and we have conversations about the children/childminding etc. it has lead to prospective parents contacting me and has also got me discounts and freebies when i didn't expect them !!! :clapping:

itsybitsyteeny
08-05-2013, 02:12 PM
On the site it is listed as £4 something and when you add it to the basket it is £9.99. Is that pricey for a badge?!

loocyloo
08-05-2013, 02:30 PM
hmmm, i have just emailed them to ask why the price is different!

mine cost about £7 i think quite a few years ago though!

however, my biggest problem with the badge is that is just says 'pacey my name and professional childminder' i have asked them why there is not an option for ofsted registered childminder, as they are not in favour of agencies and will know that alot of childminders will be remaining independant and will still be OFSTED REGISTERED CHILDMINDERS !grrr!

itsybitsyteeny
08-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Keep me posted on this! :thumbsup:

loocyloo
08-05-2013, 07:22 PM
had a reply from pacey

badges cost £4.15 plus a £2.25 delivery charge

and are just to show that we are members of pacey 'professional childminder/childcarer/nanny'

the email said to phone them and order!

or email them and ask about cost ( and then ask why it doesn't mention ofsted or registered! )

xx

Rubybubbles
08-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Our local pacey lady wears one, I have logo'd tops so don't need one lol! No danger of me losing it either then

itsybitsyteeny
08-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Did they mention an order phone number?

Chatterbox Childcare
09-05-2013, 06:55 AM
Did they mention an order phone number?

Ring the pacey number and it gives you an option for purchases

itsybitsyteeny
09-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Yes for some reason you can purchase it at the advertised price on the phone but not on the website. Just to keep us on our toes..