PDA

View Full Version : Daft receipts book question!

lisbet
07-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Do I give the parent the white top copy, or the blue 'carbon' copy? :confused::blush:

Also, it says in my NCMA contract that I will give a receipt for every payment, but this seems like overkill for parents that pay by bank transfer as we both have a record of the payment on our bank statements...:confused:

Or is it needed in case of childcare tax credit checks?

What do you all do?

littlemiss60561
07-05-2013, 08:23 PM
You give the white copy, as that's the one that can be " doctored" blue is the proof of actual receipt given.
That's how I do it anyway.. I may be wrong! I give receipts for cash payers. We're probably meant to for all.

hectors house
07-05-2013, 08:27 PM
If you have a duplicating/carbon copy receipt book you give the parents the top copy (should have perforations on the side of the page) and you leave the carbon copy in the book - I have made my own receipts form and even though lots of parents pay weekly, I only give them a receipt each month - unless they want one sooner for benefits claim etc. I detail on my receipt how payment was made eg: cash, cheque, childcare vouchers, bank transfer - sometimes it is more than one method, they may use all of childcare voucher amount and pay balance by bank transfer.

lisbet
08-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Thanks both of you - that's very helpful info. :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
08-05-2013, 01:00 PM
I use the NCMA contracts but don't give any receipts unless it is cash.

I invoice each month and parent pay in to the bank and this is my paper trail

suziealderton
08-05-2013, 01:12 PM
I use the NCMA contracts but don't give any receipts unless it is cash.

I invoice each month and parent pay in to the bank and this is my paper trail

Hi howdo you set out your invoices please? Could you message me a template or example please? Thankyou