06-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Hi looking for some ideas for my hospital play box so far I have
Happy land hospital set
Ambulance vehicles
Dress up outfits
First aid kit with real bandages
Fiction and non fiction books
Just ordered an animal X-ray book

Would love to get some real X-rays of broken bones if anyone knows where you can get them cheap ones I've found are extortionate. Any other ideas my minds blank lol.

Thanks in advance

Optimalstar
06-05-2013, 09:23 PM
Clipboard, notebooks, prescription pads, anything to encourage mark making, writing

Optimalstar
06-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Mine love lego... So I'd have mine build a small world hospital or emergency vehicles

Maza
06-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Mark making stuff. Mine all love to make up little 'beds' for the teddies after they have been 'seen' and so we use lots of little blankets and pillows. Disposable gloves are quite popular too! x

blue bear
06-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Stickers for being brave, identity badges, we make them with card, stick on a photo and add ribbon.
Medicine spoons.

shortstuff
06-05-2013, 10:46 PM
have you got a doctors kit? you say bandages and stuff but I got a kit from ELC and the kids love it as they can take blood pressure and have a stethoscope, thermometer and similar.

mama2three
07-05-2013, 04:34 AM
There was a lovely medical trolley in Kiddicare in the 'offers' section not long ago , reduced from £50 to £12.50.

mrs robbie williams
07-05-2013, 05:35 AM
Buy your Buzzing Brains Dr Sams Medical Trolley from Kiddicare Half Price| Online baby shop | Nursery Equipment (http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_932_10751_-1_20676_163090_10001_) this is one from kiddicare, im looking at getting too as mindee has recently been in hospital, and it has xray pictures :thumbsup:

Optimalstar
07-05-2013, 06:29 AM
Oh just ordered one of those myself x

Greengrass74
07-05-2013, 06:34 AM
Would love to get some real X-rays of broken bones if anyone knows where you can get them cheap ones I've found are extortionate. Any other ideas my minds blank lol.

Thanks in advance

How about if you search Google images for X-ray pictures print them off and then laminate them, I know they are not the real ones but should look really good. I off to give it a go now for our medical play box.

christine e
07-05-2013, 06:40 AM
There was a lovely medical trolley in Kiddicare in the 'offers' section not long ago , reduced from £50 to £12.50.

That is great Kath - just ordered one - oops promised I wasn't going to buy anything for a while - such a bad memory have I :laughing:

clareelizabeth1
07-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Thank you for the trolley liking just got one.

littlemiss60561
07-05-2013, 10:42 AM
I have the animal hospital that has a tiny xray machine and a few slides for the animals. probably far cheaper than the light box ones!
Could the children make x ray pics from cut up white paper on black card? Draw around their arm/ leg etc then let them put their " bones" on. did this before and had lots of discussion on length and positional language. Then Laminate. Maybe you could make up a complete skeleton using different childrens body parts?
Off to check out the bargain... While singing the leg bones connected to the thigh bone... Lol

christine e
07-05-2013, 10:50 AM
This is a nice dvd to support your topic

Educational dvd for children: A Child’s Eye View of nurses and doctors. KS1 and EYFS planning From Child’s Eye Media (http://www.childseyemedia.com/nursesanddoctors-p-203.html)

there was a post on the forum a couple of weeks ago with a link to this site

Clearance Sale - Child's Eye DVDs (http://www.kidsmusic.co.uk/acatalog/Childs_Eye_DVDs.html)

now available for £5

zippy
08-05-2013, 09:56 AM
have you got a doctors kit? you say bandages and stuff but I got a kit from ELC and the kids love it as they can take blood pressure and have a stethoscope, thermometer and similar.

I used an old real first aid box with bandages an some toy bits in.

supermumy
08-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Sparklebox have loads of signs and printouts for different play :)

zippy
08-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Thanks everyone love the google idea Dave, love the trolley too but I just don't have room :-( nearly ordered it just for the X-rays though how naughty is that lol, keep the ideas coming everyone they're fab. We should start one of these threads for every topic, went through my resources last night and found some more stuff I'd forgot I have if anyone is interested, some fab books called artie beat from the British heart foundation in the schools section and a big heart book they only ask for donations

Optimalstar
08-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Yes I have the British heart foundation book. My daughter, 3 years, likes that one x

supermumy
08-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Thanks everyone love the google idea Dave, love the trolley too but I just don't have room :-( nearly ordered it just for the X-rays though how naughty is that lol, keep the ideas coming everyone they're fab. We should start one of these threads for every topic, went through my resources last night and found some more stuff I'd forgot I have if anyone is interested, some fab books called artie beat from the British heart foundation in the schools section and a big heart book they only ask for donations

That's hearty book is fab we got that also they supply large posters of the body and game etc

Chimps Childminding
08-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Love the trolley, and the mechanics one too!!! Especially as the dad of one of two of my mindees is a mechanic!!