PDA

View Full Version : Continuity of care?

Little miss
05-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Can I do this...

I have my own 4 year old (school starter sept) and 20 month old.
I care for a 10 month old.
Can I care for my 10 month old mindee's sister in the school holidays who is 4 in June ( school starter in sept) as continuity of care? And if so, how do I ensure ofsted is ok about this? Also even tho its only holiday time do I need to carry out eyfs obvs for the sister?

christine e
06-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Why do the parents need you to care for the child? My first reaction was 'yes' through the continuity of care but this normally applies when you have the older child and parents have another baby but in this case you have the younger child and it is the older child requiring care.

Cx

blue bear
06-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Yes you can I checked this out with the dfe when the revised eyfs was coming in. Continuity of care applies to sibling children not just babies.
All parents need to be informed, you need to think how you will evidence this for ofsted, plus you need a full written risk assessment how you will manage the increase of numbers. Think about equipment, supervision, quality of care and safety.

You need to provide the full eyfs for all the children in your care, obviously it will be proportionate to the number and amount of times you care for the child.