PDA

View Full Version : Claiming Utilities

cbshoat
01-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Hi I am currently working just over 11 hours a week and on a pro rata basis I have calculated that I can claim the following per month;
Gas: 8.5%
Electric: 8.5%
Water: 2.5%
Council Tax: 2.5%
Rent: 2.5%

First of all does this sound accurate??? Also what evidence/receipts do we need to provide as proof. I intend to add these to my accounts at the end of each month

Many Thanks
Christine

shortstuff
01-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Hi I am currently working just over 11 hours a week and on a pro rata basis I have calculated that I can claim the following per month;
Gas: 8.5%
Electric: 8.5%
Water: 2.5%
Council Tax: 2.5%
Rent: 2.5%

First of all does this sound accurate??? Also what evidence/receipts do we need to provide as proof. I intend to add these to my accounts at the end of each month

Many Thanks
Christine

Im not sure if you have worked out the percentage correctly, i havent looked, sorry. But im sure your bank statements showing the full payments going out will be evidence?

knittaroo
08-05-2013, 07:14 PM
I was wondering the same. As I'm just starting I'm only working a few hours each week atm - in the front of th PACEY accounts book it says full time (40 hrs) is 33% heating and light, part time (20 hours) 17%......so do I go with the part time or work it out pro rata week by week (which is very variable atm!)