PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember your first time............................................?

WibbleWobble
30-04-2013, 06:50 PM
................................no, not that!

I mean your first post on here!

I remember asking about my coal fire and whether i would be able to keep it and still be a childminder. The answers i got were helpful - i got a fireguard!

That was nearly four years ago............am i still here?

wibble.....x

FussyElmo
30-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Cant remember my first post and on phone so cant go and find out.

Ive been a member for 4 years too. Gosh where have those years gone.

WibbleWobble
30-04-2013, 07:09 PM

we mustve joined at the same time!!!

wibble x

blue bear
30-04-2013, 07:10 PM
nope not a clue..... can you tell I'm in the wine, been a hard week and it's only Tuesday :D

FussyElmo
30-04-2013, 07:15 PM
nope not a clue..... can you tell I'm in the wine, been a hard week and it's only Tuesday :D

No wine here but off out to a pub quiz and may partake in a few beverages

FussyElmo
30-04-2013, 07:23 PM
we mustve joined at the same time!!!

wibble x

You joined the day after me :-D

clareelizabeth1
30-04-2013, 07:26 PM
I just tried to find out what mine was got to the foray post and app closed. Obviously I am not meant to know

dette
30-04-2013, 07:34 PM
mine was 5 days before my last OFSTED inspection needing policy advice.And thanks to all you lovely people on here i got a good after a 4 yr break for babies and no EYFS training AT ALL !!! only had 8 weeks back at work and i'd never even heard of a learning journey and never seen development matters.without this forum i would have been stuffed xxx thank you everyone

loocyloo
30-04-2013, 07:40 PM
i can't remember, but it was whilst i was waiting for an ofsted inspection ... i know i found the forum in the advent of EYFS 2008, and then i think i posted when my inspection was due ... in fact, i think my post was something to do with my inspection was today, but DS threw in school playground before school, so i had to take him home, and arrange for mindees already with me to be collected and tell others they couldn't come! oh, and phone ofsted! they got hold of the inspector 5 minutes away!

shortstuff
30-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Mine was asking about a mum who i quit my temping job to take on her little ones. She then backed out. More fool me for quiting before she signed. Funny thing is she emailed me this week asking me to take on her children again. She got an abrupt but polite no lol.

smurfette
30-04-2013, 07:48 PM
I remember finding the site when I felt really alone having started the job, and you have all inspired me to do so much more than I thought I was gonna do! I was just gonna take on one or two Littlies to help pay the bills after selling my business, and when I got really into this site I discovered it really could be a career and when I saw how many kids you all managed it inspired me to do more, that if I was gonna do it I may as well make a proper wage from it! Now I have seven on my books, most Days I have three or four smallies and I am very happy with how much I earn, I don't think I would have even realised it was possible (or at least to build it up so quickly) so thank you all! You have made me a more professional minder!

winstonian
30-04-2013, 07:52 PM
I cant, I have realised lately that I am a lurker!!! I look at people who joined about the same time as me and they have huge post counts!!! I am now trying to post a reply instead of just answering them in my head:blush:

Rick
30-04-2013, 07:52 PM

This was your first post! http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/say-hello/24497-hello.html
And second proper one! http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/just-members/26753-bad-day.html

Rick
30-04-2013, 08:00 PM
I don't tend to start many threads but read lots of others and stick my oar in!

hectors house
30-04-2013, 08:29 PM
I joined just over 4 years ago too - Feb 2009 - just before an Ofsted inspection but haven't got a clue what first post was about - probably HELP!

Rick
30-04-2013, 08:33 PM
I joined just over 4 years ago too - Feb 2009 - just before an Ofsted inspection but haven't got a clue what first post was about - probably HELP!

Here it is. Just have to do an advanced search!

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/say-hello/25759-pleased-meet-you-all.html

sarah707
30-04-2013, 08:33 PM
I don't remember my first post but i do know I was very shy and retiring :laughing::D

Rick
30-04-2013, 08:34 PM
I don't remember my first post but i do know I was very shy and retiring :laughing::D

Ahem......of course you were :laughing:

angeldelight
30-04-2013, 08:36 PM
I think mine was saying hello

Then the morning post started ...to about ten members :laughing:

My how we have grown since then

Angel xxx

Rick
30-04-2013, 08:43 PM
I think mine was saying hello

Then the morning post started ...to about ten members :laughing:

My how we have grown since then

Angel xxx

23,704 to be exact. What I don't understand is it says the most number of forum users online at any one time was on 12/06/11 at 3:46 AM! What was going on that was so interesting in the middle of the night! :laughing:

angeldelight
30-04-2013, 08:49 PM
23,704 to be exact. What I don't understand is it says the most number of forum users online at any one time was on 12/06/11 at 3:46 AM! What was going on that was so interesting in the middle of the night! :laughing:

We must have been having one of our famous parties ha ha

Angel xx

silvermist
30-04-2013, 09:16 PM
I think we should have a summer BBQ party! What do you think Angel? xx:D

The Juggler
30-04-2013, 09:52 PM
................................no, not that!

I mean your first post on here!

I remember asking about my coal fire and whether i would be able to keep it and still be a childminder. The answers i got were helpful - i got a fireguard!

That was nearly four years ago............am i still here?

wibble.....x

wibble really, you joined 4 years ago. I was convinced I remember you joining about 6 months after me - but I must be wrong - you must have just been very quiet and timid in those days and I failed to notice your wit and charm :laughing::laughing:

lubeam
30-04-2013, 10:28 PM

I've always wondered that :) lol

FussyElmo
30-04-2013, 10:45 PM
We must have been having one of our famous parties ha ha

Angel xx

Think I remember that party or the counselling is helping :-D

angeldelight
30-04-2013, 10:53 PM
I think we should have a summer BBQ party! What do you think Angel? xx:D

That is a good idea

I will sort it when the weather gets better ha

Angel x