PDA

View Full Version : ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER!

silvermist
30-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone, well just as I thought all the illnesses had left I get flu!!! What a nightmare its been. Im fed up with people sending their children when they know they are ill so I have readjusted my sickness policy to say I do have the right to refuse care if I think your child is unwell. Sorry for the rant.

Ive hated being so poorly and have missed you all. Hoping you are all well too. :)

shortstuff
30-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi everyone, well just as I thought all the illnesses had left I get flu!!! What a nightmare its been. Im fed up with people sending their children when they know they are ill so I have readjusted my sickness policy to say I do have the right to refuse care if I think your child is unwell. Sorry for the rant.

Ive hated being so poorly and have missed you all. Hoping you are all well too. :)

I hope you recover quickly. It is frustrating when the parents know they are ill, unfortunately I think it is going to be an ongoing problem for most of us. hopefully your new policy will help x

silvermist
30-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Thanks for reply. Im much better now and back to work so fingers crossed they stop sending los with bugs now. xx

smurfette
30-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Can't believe you have had something else, you have been through the mill! I have wiped that many snotty noses this am I am not impressed as one is very green and Lo doesn't seem well., is it right green is sign of infection?! We are off on hols next weekend so hoping not to get anything we all already have colds from them! Glad you are feeling better, hope policy helps.. Did u have to close? If so maybe parents will realise!

Ripeberry
30-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Sorry to hear you've been so ill. Parents just don't think do they? :(

silvermist
30-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Thanks ladies. Yeah I did have to close for 3 days!!! was so weak there was just no way I could work, I think it caused mayhem for the parents so maybe theyll think before they send them here ill.

The thing that annoyed me most was 2 of the parents were actually at home on holiday but they still sent their los to me!!! Not impressed! :(

Not sure about green snot being sign of infection but its clearly a sign theyre unwell. x

hectors house
30-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Hope you get over the flu and don't go down with anything else - have you tried taking echinachea or extra vitamin C to boost your immune system? When mindees come here with coughs and colds I go overboard with the anti bac spray and hand wash gel - haven't gone down with anything much lately (famous last words)!

silvermist
30-04-2013, 11:12 AM
I been taking extra vitimans and now have a fast lane to the antibac store! lol.
Ive been sterilising the toys and playroom with a steam cleaner and use an alcohol gel on my hands all day.

Im over the flu now thanks, just left with a nasty cough. xx

FussyElmo
30-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Missed you honey.

Hopefully you are better fully now. Everyone I know seems to be ill and not getting rid quickly.

cathtee
30-04-2013, 12:49 PM
I wondered where you were, I have missed you, hope u get better soon, I had to close week before last I had sickness bug but don't know where it came from no one I knew had it,

silvermist
30-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Aww thanks my lovelies but Im afraid its happening again...............dd has now come downstairs and has d&v!!!!!

What a nightmare! Its just getting ridiculous now!

I just text the two los parents who are due in tomorrow to let them know. Lucliky dd is almost 16 so can sort herself out as such but our only toilet is downstairs. I told them I cant promise they wont get it but I can promise they will be kept away from my dd. Thats all I can do isnt it? xx

angeldelight
30-04-2013, 09:10 PM

Oh poor you sorry you have been so poorly

Hope you are on the mend now

Lots of hugs

Angel xx

sarah707
30-04-2013, 09:19 PM
:group hug::group hug:

Emra81
30-04-2013, 10:09 PM
You poor thing...surely that's your illness quota filled for the entire year now! May the rest of 2013 be germ free :-S

loocyloo
01-05-2013, 07:05 AM
hope everyone gets well soon and you don't get anything else.

xxx

chriss
01-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Aww thanks my lovelies but Im afraid its happening again...............dd has now come downstairs and has d&v!!!!!

What a nightmare! Its just getting ridiculous now!

I just text the two los parents who are due in tomorrow to let them know. Lucliky dd is almost 16 so can sort herself out as such but our only toilet is downstairs. I told them I cant promise they wont get it but I can promise they will be kept away from my dd. Thats all I can do isnt it? xx

If me or my family are ill then I close. Otherwise I think the parents are more likely to send Los if they are not well, and feel I am contradicting my own policy. As it can be so contagious, I would be annoyed if mum had d and v but sent Lo one, only for them to pass it on.

Its awful to lose business, but more maddening if through others sending unwell kids.
Anti bac gel today lol