PDA

View Full Version : Any idea for this one please - planning dilemma!

Bridey
29-04-2013, 01:51 PM
I have a 14 month old who, according to mum, has spent today repeatedly unscrewing a bottle cap off a bottle - she has been screwing it on for him each time. His fine motor skills are really good!

I need some ideas to follow on from this - something safe considering I will have 3 children here his age. I don't want to use an empty water bottle and lid as I feel the lid is too small to be safe. Can't use a tupperware cup with screw lid as this will be too big for his hands. Something the size of a spice or baby food jar would be ideal but they are made from glass ...

So what can I use? Any other activities I could do that follow on from this one that are age appropriate (he's doing this way too soon, clever boy, I'm not ready!!)? Thank you for any help :thumbsup:

zippy
29-04-2013, 02:02 PM
I have a 14 month old who, according to mum, has spent today repeatedly unscrewing a bottle cap off a bottle - she has been screwing it on for him each time. His fine motor skills are really good!

I need some ideas to follow on from this - something safe considering I will have 3 children here his age. I don't want to use an empty water bottle and lid as I feel the lid is too small to be safe. Can't use a tupperware cup with screw lid as this will be too big for his hands. Something the size of a spice or baby food jar would be ideal but they are made from glass ...

So what can I use? Any other activities I could do that follow on from this one that are age appropriate (he's doing this way too soon, clever boy, I'm not ready!!)? Thank you for any help :thumbsup:

What about a fabric conditioner bottle, the smaller type ones

supermumy
29-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Agree comfort lennor lids are good for this
Also their is a toy from Elc called nuts and bolts which kids love :)

loocyloo
29-04-2013, 02:17 PM
i used to have a long ( 20cm + 2cm diameter plastic rod with a screw thread on it, and then lots of things with holes in, that you threaded onto the rod ) i don't have it anymore and i don't know why!

i do have these ... Nuts And Bolts - NEW Products from Crafty Crocodiles UK (http://www.craftycrocodiles.co.uk/new-products-c52/nuts-and-bolts-40-p2204)

good luck x

Shelleybean64
29-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Hi

You could use a washed out fabric softner bottle, or a small plastic milk bottle the lids on these are considerably bigger. You could also use toys which have different knobs and buttons, like the toys with pop up animals. Or toy kitchen appliances like a toaster, washing machine or cooker. Or maybe even a kitchen timer.

Hope you find this useful.

zippy
01-05-2013, 08:56 AM
Thought of another how about a mouth wash bottle, or matey bubble bath bottles

Mouse
01-05-2013, 09:03 AM
I have something similar to this that the children love screwing up & down:

Wooden Nut Cracker (http://thecookskitchen.com/browse_14926)

supermumy
01-05-2013, 10:52 AM
http://www.elc.co.uk/Build-It-Nuts-and-Bolts-Create-and-Play/133030,default,pd.html#q=Nuts%20and%20bolts

I got this one it's fab loads of peices it was half price last week and also find mothercare 20% off code and go threw mothercare website

Emra81
01-05-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm currently sipping from a bottle of summer fruits Oasis which has a decent sized lid on it too....

Bridey
04-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Thank you so much! I'm quite overwhelmed with these fab suggestions and can't wait to try them. I do hate it when I get "Planner's Block" :laughing:

blue bear
04-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Mine like lucozade bottles with the wide lids