PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted coming today!

Goldilocks
29-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Feeling very nervous this morning as I have my first Ofsted inspection after completing my course. Not sure what to expect but fingers x all goes ok. How did other people find there first inspections? Just worried I am going to forget something important lol

:panic:

Becci26
29-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Don't panic :)

You will be great, mrs I was good at putting my mind at ease, just go with the flow if the children, you will be fine I'm sure.
I found it helpful to jot a few things down that u wanted to tell mrs o and then at the end when she asked if there was anything else I wanted to share with her I went through this list, sell yourself, mrs o won't know how amazing you are unless u tell her and share things.

Good luck I'm sure u'll be fine xx

Samcat
29-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Good luck - you'll wow her!!!

Nicola Carlyle
29-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Good luck! You will be fine

Goldilocks
29-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the replies. It went well thank goodness! She was here for 2 hours but it seemed like for ever haha! She was really nice and made me feel relaxed. She said she was happy with my answers and I was suitable to be a childminder. She is now writing the report back to Ofsted and should get my certificate with in 2 weeks :clapping:

I just now need to get some EYFS planning in to place as was a little unsure on that part but was fine at explaining the ages and stages etc So happy it's over with for 6 months until my next inspection:thumbsup:

shortstuff
29-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the replies. It went well thank goodness! She was here for 2 hours but it seemed like for ever haha! She was really nice and made me feel relaxed. She said she was happy with my answers and I was suitable to be a childminder. She is now writing the report back to Ofsted and should get my certificate with in 2 weeks :clapping:

I just now need to get some EYFS planning in to place as was a little unsure on that part but was fine at explaining the ages and stages etc So happy it's over with for 6 months until my next inspection:thumbsup:

well done Indichick :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Rick
29-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Well done, bet you're glad that's over and you can get going! :clapping:

Optimalstar
29-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Well done x

karen knight
01-05-2013, 05:10 PM
well done :) iv got mine next week :) ekk

Goldilocks
04-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the messages. My certificate is through already so just waiting for children and parents now :-) Oh when is your's Karen? I'm sure you will be fine :cool: a lot of it is common sense really with saftey and stuff. Let us know how it goes :clapping:

blue bear
04-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Congratulations indichick,hope the Phone starts ringing soon:thumbsup: