PDA

View Full Version : Assistant on temporary bases

MagdalenaS
26-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Hi, I just wondered if someone can help me. My daughter( nearly 4 now) is starting school in September. Currently I am looking after 18m old twins and nearly two years old girl. I've been asked to look after nearly 1y old from July (3 days a week).

Twins are going for month holiday in August.

I am thinking to take assistant. I will need her only for 5 weeks. My friend is willing to do it.
I am a bit lost do I need to employ her or she can be self employed? She will be with me only 5h a day for 3 days a week.

Can I send EY2 form on line to speed up registration process? She used to be nanny so I guess she has CRB check already if not how long would that take?

Thank you

Magdalena

Chatterbox Childcare
26-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Check with Ofsted because it is my understanding that as long as she is not left alone with the children she can be your assistant whilst the CRB checks are being done

MagdalenaS
26-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Ooo thank you!!! I will call OFSTED first thing in the morning. That would be great.

shortstuff
26-04-2013, 04:32 PM
I did the EY2 and emailed it off, it worked quite quickly that way, ofsted will want their own DBS check done. If someone works in four different settings they have four different DBS's. The assistant cant be left alone until you have your DBS and they hold their first aid certificate. Once Ofsted have finished their checks you get a letter of suitability.

MagdalenaS
27-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi Gail,

Do you remember E-mail address where did you sent this form?

Thank you

Magdalena

shortstuff
27-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Hi Magdalena

Yes I sent it to enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk.

Hope it goes swiftly for you

Gail