PDA

View Full Version : NVQ L3???

Lisa-4boys
03-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi, I'm still to become registered but wanting to undertake Children's Care, Learning & Dev. NVQ L3 ...

Q1. Do i have to do ICP/DCP/ECP first?
Q2. Can I start this while going through the reg process?
Q3. Do I have to have mindees for a set number of hours per week? (I'm thinking level2 8hrs placement!). If so what if they leave me during the 2yr course?
Q4. Would the course be free to a CMinder?

Hope you can help TIA

Lisax:)

Pipsqueak
03-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi, I'm still to become registered but wanting to undertake Children's Care, Learning & Dev. NVQ L3 ...

Q1. Do i have to do ICP/DCP/ECP first?
Good idea to get your ICP but don't think its mandatory before hand
Q2. Can I start this while going through the reg process?Can't see why not
Q3. Do I have to have mindees for a set number of hours per week? (I'm thinking level2 8hrs placement!). If so what if they leave me during the 2yr course? No don't think so - I have done mine with no (actual)mindees (but some where "borrowed" children) but then again I had a wonderful assessor. For the most part I had mindees present.
Q4. Would the course be free to a CMinder?Not neccesarily - depends if there is funding available in your area - speak to your local CIS or EY team

Hope you can help TIA

Lisax:)

good luck with it

2kidsunder5
03-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi Lisa

Good luck. I have just finished mine it took me 9 months to complete and was hard work, glad it's over !!! However, I do feel that I have achieved something and also leaned loads too.

The only thing I would add to the above is that I had to be minding for 12 months before I could do my level 3 - after saying that it could have been because it was funded by my early years team,

Love Diane x

Pipsqueak
03-07-2008, 01:55 PM
ooh yes I forgot that part Diane about having to be working in a setting for at least 12 months, sorry Lisa to have misadvised you:blush: :blush:

manjay
03-07-2008, 03:56 PM
I started mine after 6 months minding. The entry requirements on my paperwork are either Level 2 or you will be considered on your experience. It also says you need to be working for a minimum of 16 hours a week in a supervisory or unsupervised role.

I am aiming for 1 unit a month so 9 months in all and mine was fully funded. I think the way courses are run are different in different areas. I chose mine because it is all home based and I can do it as fast as I want.

Good luck