PDA

View Full Version : 3 under 2 years of age.

danast
25-04-2013, 07:11 AM
Hi everyone

Not sure if I posted this in right section but I have a bit of dilemma :(
I will try not to confuse anyone but few ideas would be greatly appreciated :)
In September on 2 days a week I will have (at that time) 16 mths old,14 mths old which is ok ,but start of September i will have also 10 months old starting as well .Normally I would not have all the ages at the same time,but here is not much childcare need in my area right now .
Also I will have 2 after school children at that time.
So my dilemma is how do transport them out and about ?
I would like to avoid tripple buggy if I can.
If the 16mths old will be good walker maybe she could go on sit and go buggy board? (Providing she is tall enough to reach to hold on and put reins on her as well )
Did anyone seen that buggy pod? I could put that on phil and ted double kit?
Or buy backpack carrier and double buggy .
Please help,I know it is while till September but I am already stressing. Need to have a back up plan lol
Thanks

bindy
25-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Hi everyone

Not sure if I posted this in right section but I have a bit of dilemma :(
I will try not to confuse anyone but few ideas would be greatly appreciated :)
In September on 2 days a week I will have (at that time) 16 mths old,14 mths old which is ok ,but start of September i will have also 10 months old starting as well .Normally I would not have all the ages at the same time,but here is not much childcare need in my area right now .
Also I will have 2 after school children at that time.
So my dilemma is how do transport them out and about ?
I would like to avoid tripple buggy if I can.
If the 16mths old will be good walker maybe she could go on sit and go buggy board? (Providing she is tall enough to reach to hold on and put reins on her as well )
Did anyone seen that buggy pod? I could put that on phil and ted double kit?
Or buy backpack carrier and double buggy .
Please help,I know it is while till September but I am already stressing. Need to have a back up plan lol
Thanks

I had a buggy pod. Very hard to fix on and off, I think since I bought one, its got better. One of my mothers used one but hated it and ended up buying a double. I did buy a triple after a few months of using the pod!

SammySplodger
25-04-2013, 08:58 PM
I have almost same dilemma! Also added issue of a narrow front doorway too.

I bought a Buggypod to attach to a Jane Powertwin but I really don't like the look of it and confess I am scared to use it. Terrain where I live is cobbly so worried about bumps. There are a few horror stories about them falling off :-(

I'm looking at ABC buggies at the moment, made in New Zealand. Lots of combos of seats - up to quad!!! Expensive but come up on eBay sometimes.

The youngest I've ever had on a buggy board was 2.5 - way too wobbly before that.

I've looked at loads of triples and they all seem like trains! Side by side won't fit on pavement, in front of each other too hard to push :-/

ABC seems to come closest as a solution at the mo for me. My no 3 doesn't start until Nov, so time to decide.

:-)

kp0781
25-04-2013, 09:23 PM
When I first started as cm I had my own dd 16 mo, 14mo and 10 mo (mad I know!!!) my dd went on buggy board on a double.

kp0781
25-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Could you carry the 10mo?

blue bear
25-04-2013, 09:28 PM
I have had a 16 month on old the buggy board with two steps, step2go I think it's called, lo sat down wearing a walking harness which I wrapped tight round my hand so lo couldn't jump off.
I also have a phil and ted sport with a smoprh2 buggy pod and will be using this arrangement again in September, it worked really well for me last time although I got them walking and taking turns in the pram as soon as I could as the buggy gets very heavy as they get older and heavier.

SammySplodger
26-04-2013, 07:24 AM
I have had a 16 month on old the buggy board with two steps, step2go I think it's called, lo sat down wearing a walking harness which I wrapped tight round my hand so lo couldn't jump off.
I also have a phil and ted sport with a smoprh2 buggy pod and will be using this arrangement again in September, it worked really well for me last time although I got them walking and taking turns in the pram as soon as I could as the buggy gets very heavy as they get older and heavier.

Interesting - maybe I'm being too cautious.

If the oldest was mine I'd try buggy board btw, just don't want any incidents with a Mindee. I have lascal maxi - might look at the seat/board types. Still worried about our cobbly streets though.

danast
26-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Thank you all, I used to have my 19mths mindee on buggyboard and seat 2 go board before and he was ok but he was good walker by then. And yes I always put reins on them and hold them so they cant go on anywhere.
I looked at the abc,t3 and Joovy big caboose but too expensive and also it will not get in my car.
I even looked at backpack carrier but to be able to put children in it on the floor and than put it on your back from the floor ,will not be good on my back and it is accident waiting to happen :panic:

This baby carrier forward facing ,what is the age they can go up to ? Also i will you have to support it with one hand or you will be able to push dopuble buggy with both hands and have strapped trhe carrier on my front?

I recently bought baby jogger city mini double buggy and I love it but buggy pod will not fit on it. I have seen mixed reviews so dont want to be sued if something happens :(

I like the idea of phil and ted double and then buggypod,cause if I have a tripple side by side stroller than I will not get through school gate :panic:

The oldest girl is now 12mths and in september will be 16mths but she is not even standing on her own yet so I really hope she will soon so she can practise her walking till september ;)

munch149
26-04-2013, 12:20 PM
I now have three under 2 every day and no confident walkers. I use triple buggy for school runs and a park and a double and sling to go short journeys (e.g from car to a group) will invest in a buggy board when one is more confident walking. Not done any large trips with them yet as only had three a few weeks but will be using my triple however because its side by side it will be trial and error as to where it will fit

danast
26-04-2013, 12:23 PM
I now have three under 2 every day and no confident walkers. I use triple buggy for school runs and a park and a double and sling to go short journeys (e.g from car to a group) will invest in a buggy board when one is more confident walking. Not done any large trips with them yet as only had three a few weeks but will be using my triple however because its side by side it will be trial and error as to where it will fit

can I ask what kind of sling you have and how old is the child in a sling ? My yougest one will be 11mths

samb
26-04-2013, 08:41 PM
I am going to have this too. However mine is September and I will have 2x19 months and 1x10 months just 1 day a week and it will just be for 1 school run. At the moment the 2 children who will be 19 months are with me - 1 is walking and although not steady she has a few months to go, other isn't standing on his own yet. So I am totally relying on the walking one to be able to go on a buggy board on double buggy. She will be able to go in double on way to 1 school where I will collect non walker so then put her on buggy board to other school and home and then she will have gone by the time I leave for next school run.

Then in January I will have 1x23 months (the non walker at the mo) with a 14 month and 11 month, so I am hoping by then the 23 month old is walking ok and will be able to go on buggy board - again only 1 day a week and will only have all 3 for 1.5 school runs. Another day I will have 2x23 months and the 11 month old but the walker should be more than fine to be on buggy board by then.

So complicated isn't it?! I have been eyeing up triples but as others have said - side by side won't fit on paths, long ones can't be stored and the ones like abc or t3 are so expensive even on ebay if you are only using them for the short time I will need them for. Good luck - let us know what you do. I also don't want to do backpacks etc as I find it enough stress on my back pushing a double without carrying another!

SammySplodger
26-04-2013, 11:29 PM
I am going to have this too. However mine is September and I will have 2x19 months and 1x10 months just 1 day a week and it will just be for 1 school run. At the moment the 2 children who will be 19 months are with me - 1 is walking and although not steady she has a few months to go, other isn't standing on his own yet. So I am totally relying on the walking one to be able to go on a buggy board on double buggy. She will be able to go in double on way to 1 school where I will collect non walker so then put her on buggy board to other school and home and then she will have gone by the time I leave for next school run.

Then in January I will have 1x23 months (the non walker at the mo) with a 14 month and 11 month, so I am hoping by then the 23 month old is walking ok and will be able to go on buggy board - again only 1 day a week and will only have all 3 for 1.5 school runs. Another day I will have 2x23 months and the 11 month old but the walker should be more than fine to be on buggy board by then.

So complicated isn't it?! I have been eyeing up triples but as others have said - side by side won't fit on paths, long ones can't be stored and the ones like abc or t3 are so expensive even on ebay if you are only using them for the short time I will need them for. Good luck - let us know what you do. I also don't want to do backpacks etc as I find it enough stress on my back pushing a double without carrying another!

Very succinctly put!
Annoying dilemma...
Think I might start flogging stuff on eBay and just save up for an ABC triple combo - don't think I have much choice. At least you can assemble seat combos as you need them.

jadavi
10-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Phil and ted not designed for buggy pod.

jadavi
10-05-2013, 05:36 PM
I used a Graco stadium duo one behind other with small buggy pod on one side for lightest child.
Works very well.

lisbet
10-05-2013, 06:00 PM
All the enquiries here are for one year olds too, so I'm going to have 3 on some days from September onwards and am going to use my double Nipper 360 pushchair and the carrier I used with my own daughter til she was 3+. The Nipper is super easy to push and the carrier is not one of those big backpack ones, but can go on my front or back and spreads the child's weight nicely, so I think it'll work fine. I've got a Babyhawk Oh Snap, but there are plenty of others - Patapum, Boba 3G, Manduca. They're mainly available online, but there might be a 'slingmeet' near you where you could try some on. :)