View Full Version : New adult moving in

21-04-2013, 02:53 PM
So I have been registered since Feb. I have one child going through settling in at the moment.

My dad is going to be moving in with me as soon as humanly possible with Ofsted. He is very unwell and I would be much happier with him in my house than 18 miles away. Without being too morbid, he's not going to be here long. We're talking the very maximum a year.

Anyway my dad can clean himself etc and walk backwards and forwards to the bathroom so I am not a cater and it won't affect my time for y mindees. His base will be in the upstairs room where he will be most of the time.

I know I need to get a CRB check done via ofsted, is there anything else you think I ca do to make this transition easier? I can imagine my new mindees parents being understanding but I can also imagine how I would feel about it if it was t children. To them it's a strange man, and he is sick so they will probably assume ill be distracted during work hours.

Just some advice or support would be great.


21-04-2013, 02:54 PM

My child***

21-04-2013, 03:08 PM
I hope it doesn't take too long for the crb to come back from ofsted, although I have a feeling you can get round this and move ur dad in sooner provided u can ensure he would not be alone with the children (which by the sound of it you can).

I would perhaps speak to all your parents individually and let them though what's happening, I'm sure as you say they will be very understanding but again would probably feel a little more reassured once you have spoken to them and let them know how it will/ won't affect the children :-)

21-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Thanks Becci, I'm hoping Ofsted would be ok he is never going to be alone with the children even after the CRB check going to ring Ofsted 2moro fingers crossed.

21-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Just wanted to say that I hope all goes smoothly for you.

21-04-2013, 09:12 PM
I would think he can move in before CRB back....for example when my dd turned 16 I applied for a CRB of course she was living here before it came through...

21-04-2013, 09:42 PM
He can move in, you just need to ring ofsted so they have it noted on file and send in an ey2 form. As long as they are notified and you have risk assessed then it's not an issue, have asked myself recently.

mrs robbie williams
22-04-2013, 05:57 AM
i had this when dd wanted her bf to move in - they were fine about it so your dad should be able to move in when you like - good luck and all the best xx

22-04-2013, 08:57 AM
Thank you so much everyone I thought it would be frowned upon but I'm optimistic now. Off to phone Ofsted. Thank you again :) I'm so looking forward to his last few months being around my son as they adore each other.

22-04-2013, 04:05 PM
How did you get on?

22-04-2013, 04:22 PM
I asked this at my inspection as my Granny was looking like she might need to move in. OFSTED said move them in and the apply for CRB as you are a home as well as a business. Just inform them as soon as he's in and do a risk asesmeant and don't leave him alone with the children just like any other non CRB guest.

22-04-2013, 06:03 PM
No problems at all he had to fill in an EY2 form and he can move in anytime :)

22-04-2013, 06:04 PM
No problems at all he had to fill in an EY2 form and he can move in anytime :)

Great news :-)

jackie 7
23-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Well done to take him in. Enjoy your time with him.

24-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Well done to take him in. Enjoy your time with him.

Thank you :) all happening this weekend